eDreams
Priceline
StayForLong
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 May 2017

Room was similar to when I visited before but I asked for a quiet room. My first two nights were good but when I returned later in the week the room was right above the hotel's pub next door with drunken customers sitting outside below our window. When I asked what time the pub would close I was told it could be 2 or 3 in the morning!!!! Breakfast boring but main meals good quality traditional Czech fare - a whole duck with bohemian knedlicky (yummy dumplings) cost about £20 for 3 people. The restaurant has a micro brewery and even has a special brew containing cannabis - lovely and all for just over £1 per pint. Beds comfortable and room clean with TV. Volary is great for walkers and has a station on 4 local different rail lines. The hotel also offers spa/massage services in its basement spa centre. This includes the sale of cannabis massage oil!! I offered to put the local tourist office in touch with some British walking/trekking organisations but the manager seemed offended at the very idea. It seems that from this and earlier experiences Volary wants to stay the same quiet little town acting as a good walking centre but only for those that know of it. This may be good for visitors but not for the local economy. A shame the authorities have appointed a tourist officer who will not help to change this situation. Some of the staff at the hotel, particularly the Vaslav in the restaurant and one of the receptionists were very friendly and helpful. If you like walking in the most beautiful area please go. It can be reached by bus from Prague (about 3 hours and £6 cost). Insist on a quiet room and remember - no air/con so will be hot in July/August

Room tip: Hotel is on a busy road and has a pub next door but has effective double glazing. No air con though so don't visit in hotter months.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2015 via mobile

Didn't stay in the hotel, but the food and home brewed beer is definitely worth sampling.
A good traditional Czech menu and a very nice beer at the normal Czech financial rate.
A must for anyone passing through.
Very nice.

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2015 via mobile

Located in this small town, it was easy to reach by public transport, about 8 minutes walk from the station. From the outside, the building looks unimpressive, being an Eastern bloc construction. However once inside, right throughout it has been modernised and we'll kept.

Friendly check in. The room was was absolutely fine for the price paid. This is a budget price hotel but I had absolutely no complaints about the room.

I took evening dinner and beers in the restaurant. Both food, drink and service was exceptionally good plus good value for money.

Had a good night's sleep. Breakfast from 0800 was in a conference type room. Room was a tiny bit spartan and food perhaps not as good as what I had the previous evening.

Overall I would recommend this place if you are in the area or like me, just passing through. Do eat and or have their beer when staying as a tip.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 13 March 2015

While touring the area a group of us stayed overnight on a busy Saturday.
Although there was a private party going on in the restaurant the Hotel did the best to accommodate us in the bar and moved in extra tables for our party of six.
The meal of wild boar and beer which is brewed on the premises was excellent.
The guest rooms were large and clean.
The only let down was that we had requested an early breakfast and there seemed to be a lack of communication the early morning staff did their best but we left slightly unfed!

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank mostlybytrain
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is hotel in centre of small town with excellent local cuisine and house beer - perfect one. People are very nice and hotel is clean simple furnished but very nice. Free wifi and hemp bath are available. Hotel has strategic position in regard to truistic tracks and transportation (BUS, Train).

Date of stay: August 2014