See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

A big thank you to the team which made our stay really outstanding. Super location and great spa + fitness and big rooms which make a really price worthy stay for a four star hotel. The food was good and all included in the fixed price. We will be back!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Roemer18, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Zum Jungen Roemer, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

Dear Family Julian A,
thank you very much for your nice feedback. We are very lucky and honored that you were so happy and liked our hotel, the service and the kitchen so much. It was a great pleasure to have you with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you soon in the "Jungen Römer" again.
Hopefully you will visit us again next sommer or winter. In the meantime we wish you all the best.
With best regards from the snow-covered Radstadt

Reviewed 21 September 2016

We spent few days in this favoured hotel for golf. It is good generally, with some remarks.
Positive: beautiful mountain village building with lot of flowers falling down from the balconies. Hotel is on a very quiet place, whole atmosphere is really relaxing. Friendly and smart all owner family members. Hotel is surrounded by a very good golf course. Nice 19th Hole refreshment. Spacious and clean rooms and bathroom. I was happy with a feather pillow! Relaxing spa and outdoor garden deckchairs we enjoyed daily after the golf.
Sheepish impression: Interior space is absolute mixture (not fusion) of styles. Rustic furniture, antic touch – statue of Jung Roman and ancient columns, impressionist painting reprints, modern art pictures, eight types of lighting minimally in the hall, silver imitation of big candlesticks. Unfortunately there was a lot of dust catchers: Artificial flowers with horrible arrangement, empty bottles decoration, wooden carved flowers, wooden birds, and hearts putted everywhere.
We were informed to expect a gourmet pampering. Breakfast was good and tasty. We did not use afternoon cake buffet. Hotel offers three main offers in the evening: Meat, fish and vegetarian. I am vegetarian. I understand the chef of cuisine do not like and do not eat vegetarian dishes. Nevertheless he can read a cooking recipe and add some spices or herbs. My main dishes were mostly tasteless, vegetables hard as it was warmed only. Nevertheless there was a salad buffet and cheese choice and it was good enough.
Majority of staff was great, helpful, friendly and quiet. It was very nice to see them in their original dress, Dirndl and Lederhosen. Only one man waiter was familiar and loud little bit.
We were happy to stay here; there were beautiful sunny days, great golf and quiet place in the mountains. Hotel is little bit better than average.

Stayed: September 2016
1  Thank augustin0
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I spent few days (28.05-02.06.14) at Zum Jungen Römer with my husband and my in laws. They have been guests from this hotel for ages now (and they usually go in spring to play golf) but this was my first time there.
The hotel is very good located, away from the city but yet just few minutes from it. For golfers this is probably the best-located hotel. The first and last holes are just in front of it. Moreover, hotel guests have 33% discount in the golf course. In addition, for winter guests the ski lift is just few meters across the street.
As I am not a golfer, I took horseback riding lessons in a hotel nearby (contact provided by Zum Jungen Römer).
Zum Jungen Römmer provides free bicycles for the guests and the surrounds are very nice for bike trips or even walks.
They have a playroom for kids but you have to pay to use the billiard, the table football and the air hockey table. However, the Ping-Pong is free of charge. They were very kind and set the table for us in the conference room, as outside was a bit too cold for me. Next to the playroom there is a fitness room but I didn’t really check what kind of equipment they have there.
Our room (205) was big enough and clean (in fact all facilities are very clean). The bed was comfortable but a bit noisy. I move a lot while (trying to fall) asleep and the noise bothered me a little. There are 3 chairs in the room and 2 coffee tables but no real table that you could use to write something on. The wc and the shower are in separated rooms and the only sink is in the shower room, what makes it a bit unpractical. Though, I have to say there is no space to put a sink in the wc room.
In the wellness facility you find pool, whirlpool and sauna and they also offer massages. There is an outside area with deckchairs that I didn’t use because the weather didn’t help.
In the price we paid breakfast, dinner (5 courses) and cake buffet in the afternoon were included. They have a big and nice breakfast buffet and the dinner always tasted good. The drinks from the bar were also good but I got a broken glass almost every time. My husband likes port wine and ordered one once but he said it was not a good one. I don’t remember the name and as I don’t like port wine I cannot say my opinion.
This is a family owned hotel and they, and the staff, are really very friendly and helpful. And that’s what stands out at Zum Jungen Römer. When we arrived, my husband said it felt like coming home because of the treatment he always receives. I had a very good time and am looking forward to coming back again.

Room Tip: There are 3 floors at the hotel but the elevator just goes till the second floor. My husband stayed once in a room above the kitchen and he said it was quite noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andreia Vivi H
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have been there twice and I was both times surprised by friendly staff. They are very very kind. Rooms are not the best I saw but pretty good. Wellness is perfect after some performance on the bikes or skies. The location of hotel is very good, not in the noisy city center and not in some boundary place. The breakfast and dinner is excellent. Very good fine dinning.

Room Tip: There is only one little elevator so it is maybe better to take lower floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I stayed here two nights (22,23 Sept 2012) at the start of an Austrian golf trip.
Lovely place, very friendly, very welcoming, good food and on the Golf course.
It is also a good central loaction from which to do excursions.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo