See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 January 2017

We stayed in the hotel from December 26, 2016 up to and including January 2, 2017. We are a family with three children (two girls from almost 12, twins, a a small boy of almost 3, handicapped in wheelchair). Our conclusion: one of the best hotels we had during our wintersport holidays in Austria (if not the best) and we are definitely considering to visit again.
More in detail. First the arrival. Very well, you can come with the car to the front door and there are trolleys to put your luggage on. During the check in your luggage is already brought to your room, while you get a small but effective tour of the hotel. Very well welcoming.
The room itself was beautiful and very well maintained. No problems whatsoever. It had two nice large bedrooms, a living room, a dressing room and a bathroom. I know we had an expensive room but I think that the quality of the other rooms are just as good (though we did not see this). Since our son is handicapped we asked some special items, all of which were in the room, including a small fridge for his medicines. Chapeau!
The hotel itself has typically this Austrian style which we love. Very cosy but all convenience present. Elevator, wide stairs, very well maintained and always clean. We had no problems with noises whatsoever, it was always quiet in the hotel (except of course on New Years Eve :-)) The restaurant is large but subdivided in sections so you have still the feeling that you are in a small cosy environment. Wellness is perfect and also very hygienic. This includes not only the swimming pool bu also the jacuzzi, indoor and outdoor sauna and relaxing areas. Our little son, who loves swimming as well as our girls and ourselves loved it, and we spent every evening at least 1,5 hour just before dinner. Very thoughtful, for the little one, swimming diapers are included in the service. So if you forget them, no worries.
Food is very good. Breakfast is excellent, afternoon snacks also, dinner is very good but not yet excellent. Though the fresch salad bar (really fresh) and the daily specialties are making it almost to excellent, its only that sometimes the food was a little fat but then again we should not complain. Food was always fresh prepared and tasted always very good. So let's say between very good and excellent!
Staff is very nice. We do not give too much tips in all inclusive hotels but here we did almost every day. Staff was very attentive, respectful, nice and warm. Really gave you a good feeling. And nothing was too much.
Childcare was also excellent. Since our little son is handicapped, we are very sensitive on this one. But the childcare staff was very professional in this respect. No problems whatsoever, every day a report what happened that day, enough daily activities to keep him busy, and his handicap was not a problem for them.
Neighbourhood is also great. We went for skiing and relaxation. Well the relaxation was perfect in the wellness, and the skiing around also great. Enough different places to go to and on short distance. You have to take your car thogh. The closest is at about 5 minutes, the ones we went to at 15 and 20 minutes. But great area with new and old elevators, nice slopes, low on blue and black but high on red. Perfect for a family with two adults and two girls from almost twelve who are now skiing for six years. And again, since the daycare was that perfect, we could enjoy some quality time with ourselves and the girls, because we could now take some distance from the daily care we give at home to the little one. Thx again for this.
Now before you think that we are somehow connected to this hotel, there are two negatives that I need to mention. One is solved, one I hope they will solve.
The first one concerns their all inclusive offer. They state on their website that all non alcoholic drinks are for free (even have a screen print of it). However in the vending machines there is no Coca Cola Zero. Since I try to avoid sugar (amongst other) I asked if I could have one. This was possible but I had to pay for it. Which of course I refused. I told them that for a hotel that is proud on offering a healthy lifestyle, it is strange that a non alcoholic all inclusive arrangement only includes water or drinks that are high on sugar. After I became a little emotional they said this one time I will get it for free. Fine, but not resolved. However, apparently they discussed the situation overnight, because the next day, a staff member came to me and told me that it was a mistake for which they apologize and of course the cola light will be for free. Nice, issue resolved and feeling good again. This was a negative but nicely resolved.
The second negative is their Wifi connection. In the chill out room downstairs and the restaurant, connection is perfect, but in our room it was terrible. Connection dropped every time. And having two almost teenagers hanging on Viber, Whatsapp and Youtube and a dad who loves Netflix and a mum that is an IT consultant, this is a little disturbing. BTW if you love Netflix, forget it, they are behind a proxy server, and Netflix filters these out. On the other hand, since the Internet was not that good, I did not check my company emails, which definitely is very positive and helped me to completely relax, so I leave it to the reader if this is an advantage or disadvantage.
Conclusion, very good hotel, competes with our other favorite child hotel in Burgenland only this is in the winter and Burgenland is in the summer (see other review). Will definitely consider coming back!

Room tip: Corner suites, we had room 309, living room, two bedrooms, separate dressing room, beautiful view, large balcony.
Date of stay: December 2016
1  Thank JerryWouterson
Reviewed 29 July 2016

Our stay in Seitenalm exceeded our expectations. The hotel was recently renovated and everything one needs when travelling with children was available in the hotel. From children's bath robe in the shape of a bunny, to water boilers, strollers (indoor and outdoor), dress table for baby/toddler etc. etc. The Happy club for the children was fantastic and the ladies working there very sweet. The food was very good, also to the taste of children. There is a great variety of animals near the hotel (horses, donkeys, ducks, cats, rabbits, chicken). Also nice play and activity grounds on the hotel premises. The children love it! Many activities for older children also. Much better price/quality ratio than e.g. ClubMed and comparable or even better services for children.

Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed 14 July 2016

Fantastic vacation for our family with two kids. Great location, amazing animals and hard-working personnel, and owners. We have only positive feelings. A lot of kids entertainment, child care and many others. Owners take every detail personally and take care everything.
Highly recommended for family with kids of all ages.

Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed 8 April 2016 via mobile

We stayed here in March 2016 for our first ski holiday as a family. What a find! Great facilities, wonderful staff, friendly guests, lovely rooms and so organised. The kids ski school was fantastic too. We had some German and it helped - it's very much a German/Austrian hotel but lots of the staff had a little English. We loved it and will go back.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank HappyMum032
Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

We have been in Seitenalm hotel as a family with 2 kids (1yr boy and 3yr girl) and grandmother for babysitting. We stayed in 2-room Appartment De Luxe which was more than enough for our needs, very spacious, 2 decent sized rooms, big entrance room with closet, separate WC and oversized bathroom. Each room had a balcony as well, which we didn't use though, as it was freezing cold in January.

Hotel is ran by Arnold family, and you can feel how much hard work went into this place. Everything feels so warm and cozy, a true feeling of home. The place is decorated in a theme that is typical to austrian Alps - lots of wood, some hunting trophies, flowers etc. It's probably quite old, but well maintained and feels just right. Some walls feel overdecorated, but that is a matter of subjective opinion. I think that the owners also live in the hotel, so they are available at any time if something goes wrong. During evenings, they light up a fireplace in the room with the bar, and Mr. Arnold maintains the fire while chatting with guests who enjoy their drinks. Nice personal approach.

Hotel is designated as Familotel, and you can feel it right from the start. You can generally come to hotel only with clothes, and the rest of amenities is supplied to you for free :) You can borrow a stroller (they have both exterior ones, with bigger offroad wheels and interior ones, all of them in high numbers, like 30-40), they have all the baby gadgets like cots, baby radios, bottle warmers, baby baths, bed railings, potty (i asked for pink one for my daughter and she got a pink one! Speechless!) and pretty much everything you can think of. Outside they had a decent supply of sleighs for free (even with child seats!) and very long hill just behind the hotel, so you can just stay there and dont have to travel anywhere. They have also their own skiing school where they teach kids how to ski, various ages, fully instructed. And also "minizoo" with various pets like donkeys, cats etc. For summer they have a small lake for fishing, and if you dont know anything about fishing, they just teach you how to do it :) all equipment is supplied.

Wellness area consists of large adults pool and decent sized toddler pool with small slide and kids kitchen. Our kids spent hours there, all happy and crazy. There's also sauna, relaxing area, massages etc. Something for everyone. We used the pool in the morning between 9:30-11:00, it was completly empty (everyone was away skiing) and we had it for ourselves. There are also rocking chairs for babies to sleep in, so you can enjoy the pool while your baby sleeps, yet you keep an eye on it. Marvelous! Oh btw, they have their own relaxing room for babies, with hanging nets, cribs, breastfeeding corners, dimming lights, toys, diaper changing mats and mummy magazines, that room alone left me speechless.

As for the food, breakfast was very rich buffet, generally the same selection each day with some small variety, each day there were few foods that changed. No objection here. Lunch was a buffet as well, one half was usually recycled food from previous day's dinner and second half was something else. I'm not overly fussy about food from previous day so fine by me, at least they keep it efficient and don't waste food. I like! For babies, you can order freshly made purees (you order it during breakfast, pick the time when you want your baby to eat, and select if you want the puree fine or coarse, simply brilliant). They change the ingredients daily, so each day different meat and veggies (poultry, fish, beef). You can also ask for a ready made kids food (Hipp brand, BIO quality), rich selection, both meat/veggies and fruity ones. The supply of baby highchairs, spoons, clean bibs, baby cups etc is given. Drinks are from a fountain machine, typical variety (cola, juices, other soft drinks). There's also a coffee/tea machine which is available to you 24h for free. Selection of teas is crazy. Dinner is a 4-course meal, selection from menu, changes daily, you pick your choice during breakfast. Dinner was ok, nothing extraordinary, but not bad either, above average, and nicely prepared and decorated. Amount plentiful. Don't pick the creamy soup, they all taste almost same, very mild and a little bit too creamy. Clear soups were much better.

This review is getting a bit long by now, so I will sum it up somehow.

PROS:
- very clean
- free parking
- cozy feeling
- well maintained
- rich breakfast, and food generally was fine
- spacious rooms
- amenities, you don't have to take ANYTHING baby related with you, just clothes, everything else is supplied
- extremely kid friendly, it's kids paradise!
- perfect approach of owners
- location, views
- YOU HAVE TO TRY SLEIGH TRACK IN ROHRMOOS, it's a 20minute drive by car from hotel, it's like 7km long, you reach insane speeds and that was my coolest sleigh ride in my life, it's just insane, just mind kids, our daughter was not comfortable in the last 2-3km, it is a long ride and perhaps more suited for ages 4-5+, or slow down, but then you don't enjoy it that much

CONS:
- lunch, i don't mind leftover food from previous day, it was even slightly modified so that it was not exactly the same meal, but on some days, all food from buffet was DEEP FRIED, even vegetables, that i do not consider very healthy for kids. I know kids love it, but we are trying to choose healthier options. There is always pasta with 2 sauce options, but sometimes pasta is not fancy enough for kids and you really have to try hard to make your kid eat it :)
- another bad point for lunch - once there were supposed to be grilled chicken wings, we arrived for lunch 20 minutes after it started, and were told there are no more chicken wings, they do not replenish and we were left with options we didn't really like. I would understand if lunch lasted 1 hour, then 20 minutes can matter, but lunch was supposed to last for another 2 or 3 hours, i think lunch is till 14:00 or 15:00. That I think is unacceptable, for the food to run out in just 20 minutes and no replenishment for another 3 hours. Very badly managed there.

- apart from lunch, the BIGGEST NEGATIVE is that this hotel is so great your kids refuse to go back home, and frankly, us parents didn't want to go either. Next time we will probably have to book for 1 month, but my credit card wouldn't like that :)) we will definitely return!

Date of stay: January 2015