We loved Chateau Naze and the two delightful sisters who run it. Our elderly spaniel also enjoyed it, as the gardens are large and wooded and there are already 2 resident dogs to play with. If you walk a little way up the road, there is path through fields which is also ideal for dog-walking.
The rooms are comfortable and the breakfasts delicious, and sociable, as you share the long table with other guests. Madame 'Marite' prepared wonderful Tart Tatins, Apricot Clafouti, and home-made yogurts with fresh fruit on the 4 mornings we stayed last month. We even had a selection of cheeses a couple of times.
Our only regrets were that:
1) the heated pool wasn't functioning when we stayed, as it needed cleaning, (due to overhanging trees), and one of the main reasons I had chosen this Chateau was the pool.
2) That they don't provide dinner at all, as after a day out visiting other places, we really didn't feel like driving again. Even if they did dinner a few nights a week (and I'm sure the cooking would be superb) it would be welcome, and we'd certainly come to Naze again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chateau de Nazé offers comfort in its tastefully decoratedchambres d'hôtes. The visit of its potager Bio, rewarded 1st Price this year by the national French Society of Horticulture, and the warm welcome of its owners will not fail to attract lovers of charm and authenticity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Agoda so you can book your Chateau de Naze reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.