“A great time had!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Our small party of three had a superb relaxed lunch served impeccably with abounding charm. Being the driver on this day I decided to resist the well received coupe of champagne. My starter tarte fine which followed a great asparagus based mise en bouche, was an absolute delight, simply devine. The main course, confit de canard on a mash base was also a masterpiece. Both ladies had sole, which was expertly filleted at the table and was really enjoyed. I had an amazing cafe gourmand which perfectly rounded off a very good experience.
The restaurant is the oldest in the town, it has a small frontage, you walk through to the rear passing by a brasserie. Our dining room was well laid out with a wood fire blazing and two rambling ficus trees in what seemed to be once an outside courtyard. The owner was very proud of his restaurant and rightly so.

Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

Tucked away off the high street, this lovely little restaurant is very romantic and suitable for that special evening. The food is very good and it has an excellent (if somewhat expensive) wine list.

Reviewed 26 December 2015 via mobile

Very good indeed. The staff is very kind and the food is excellent. During the lunch time you can get a salad and the main course or the main course and dessert for just 15 €. It's quite a honest price

Reviewed 11 September 2015 via mobile

Really really good food both my wife and i loved our meals. My veal was superb and my wife tells me her lotte ( fish dish) was exquisite. Our waiter was very helpful and explained anything our limited french vocab didnt. Only a small menu but everything cooked to perfection

Reviewed 24 August 2015

A fantastic final meal in France, everything we had was full of flavour and carefully prepared. The only downside was the children's menu. When paying 15 euros for a child's menu I would expect some choice. It's a good job our 2 liked steak haiche, frites and ice cream.