“Amazing”

Residenza del Lago
Price range: US$14 - US$34
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The restaurant cuisine is under the control of Chef Nella Mancini (Federico's wife) who proposes ancient Canavese's dishes with freshwater fish (as char and tench), FASSONA beef, lamb, pork and duck meat all cooked in the local tradition style. Our AIS-patented Professional Sommelier and Manager Federico manages our cellar with a selection of quality wine mostly from Piedmont region (about 200 references) but even from the best wine areas of the country (about 150 references). You will taste these delicious Italian food and wine in a very comfortable and cosy dining room.
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

Title says it all.
Amazing Octopus and Quinoa antipasto followed by a Gnocchi with Rabbit, and wife had the suckling pig. This was accompanied by a couple glasses of delicious vino rosso.
This meal was so satisfying we almost didn't want to leave, just keep ordering and find places to store food!
Federico the proprietor and sommelier was the kindest person, worked through our broken Italian, helped us in English and steered us in all the right directions. Would definitely go back.

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank Natasha D

Reviewed 2 October 2015

Dinner for 20. exceptional. dinner for 2 also wonderful. Order the beef cheek for a gastronomical delight.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 25 July 2015 via mobile

We went to this place without reservation but that was no problem as the place was not full. In fact, we were the only ones until desert. So we had the whole restaurant for ourselves and were well served. We took the 28 euro menu and a good local bottle of wine while our kids took a few plates a la carte. We got an extra Spumante and small appetiser as well as local made bread during the meal. The dishes were very good and portions large. Would recommend going here with friends and family.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed 7 July 2015 via mobile

High quality food, very good service at a very moderate price. I am visiting this place since several years and it has been always like this.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed 13 June 2015

I have been there a lots of time, actually anytime I am in Italy, since I live in UK, but my family lives in Turin.
Food is delicate, seasonal ingredients, good presentation!
I always take a €32 Menu, it comprises 5 small courses and a dessert! Quantities are perfect to go through starter to dessert without feeling stuck! Also, do not expect the typical "trattoria" courses because that it not the instance!
Said that, I strongly believe that the real value is about the Owner's wine expertise, reflected in the wine list, such a good amount of bargains in that book!!!!! Look at that carefully, or ask him, a professional Sommelier.
To finish I am a sommelier, and considering their food and their wines, I will always keep going there from trip to trip!!!

Date of visit: June 2015