All reviews fresh products vincent farm mas life animals style hosts home
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Old farmhouse with rooms serves only food created on its own farm. Rooms are adequate but not luxurious and involve stairs (no lift). Setting is wonderfully rural and quite a distance from the main road along single track roads. Ideal play area for children with no concerns for safety. Plenty of animals to see. The hosts, Caroline and Vincent could not be more welcoming and helpful. Between them they have several languages including English.
Not for those who like Holiday inn.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2016

I don't know how Caroline ("the Boss" and hostess) and Vincent (her busband and fabulous chef) do it but each time we visit Mas des Vertes Rives, it just gets better. This was our third visit, so we almost feel like we're visiting family. We tell all our friends who are going to Provence (and some who live there) that they have to go to Mas des Vertes Rives. If they can't stay, they need to at least have dinner there. Caroline and Vincent seemed to remember all our favorites (which we have never had anywhere else): Bouillabaisse Poulet, Tauro de Camargue with Camargue Rice, Blettes, Lavender Apperitif, Pate, and Local Chevre with Caroline's Delicious Fig Confiture. And this year there were more amazing appetizers including Leek with Cherry Sauce (I think) and Basil Cracker. Next time - and there will be a next time for sure - I plan to write down all the delicious dishes. Oh, and another thing I really enjoy is practicing my French and both Caroline and Vincent are patient teachers as I attempt what must seem like the French a three year old might speak. We also had a great opportunity to practice even more French with a lovely French/German/Czech couple who were staying there. What a great visit!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2015

The owners make you feel very comfortable, the place is unique full of landscape and animals from the farm.
It is a perfect trip to go with family , the only problem was de language but we could manage it a little bit

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
433caroline, Propriétaire at Le Mas des Vertes Rives, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2015

Thanks very much for your message! Hpe to see you somedays.....we will perform our English till there :) Caroline

Reviewed 30 April 2015

We just love Mas des Vertes Rives. Caroline is an amazing hostess and Vincent is a fantastic chef. We have stayed here twice and recommend it often to our friends. The rooms are spacious and quiet and we love the country setting. Caroline is an excellent guide to all the sights in the area. All of the delicious vegetables and fowl come from this organic farm. Here is what we had for our Dinners at Mas des Vertes Rives. Lavender Aperitif all nights)(our favorite, but many others offered. Cote de Rhone wines two nights (Armoire) and Vacqueras one night. Night One: Tauro de Camargue with Potatoes and Blettes, cheese Night Two: White Asperge with mayonnaise, Poulard, crème brulee with a cookie on top Night Three: Bouillaibaise de Poulet (chicken and guinea fowl instead of fish); one puts vegetables and chicken in to shallow bowl, then ladles potage (soup) over this, and finally rubs croutons with garlic and drops the rouille onto the croutons which are then floated in the soup. Absolutely delicious! Cheese, crème brulee encore.
This was the menu on our last visit in 2013 and I still dream of those meals and want to go back. Also, I love to practice my rather juvenile French and Caroline and Vincent both are great helpers with this. They are the best!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
433caroline, Propriétaire at Le Mas des Vertes Rives, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2015

Hi Alice and Thank you for your for this so kind return! In France we say "Never twice without a third time" so we hope to see you again. Provencally yours! Caroline

Reviewed 11 November 2014 via mobile

I had a room facing the farm so I watched the pheasants (or were they geese) clucking by my window. The food was excellent. While some mentioned they didn't enjoy sitting at the table together with the other guests, I was fortunate enough to have a great dining experience with other travellers. It probably helped that I spoke french. Breakfast was simple and lovely. Is also a convenient place to stay for exploring the region by car. I would come here again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo