“Amazing food!!!!!!”
Review of Rage Restaurant

Rage Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Blackrock
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

I loved the food in Rage, the chicken wings are the best I ever had in dublin!
The staff are super friendly and the atmosphere is class, really great for a family visit. Location is great for a walk after a nice meal, highly recommend this restaurant. For those who have the option to have a drink with your meal, a great selection of wines and the staff are very knowledgeable and can recommend the perfect class of wine to match the food you are eating... I'll be back very soon!

RageRestaurant, General Manager at Rage Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Colin, thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a lovely review. We really look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 17 June 2018

It was our first time visiting but I had heard positive things from friends for ages. The chicken wings were very tasty. My husband and my steaks were delicious, perfectly cooked and nicely presented. My children said their dinner was AMAZING! The staff were all very friendly and I have to mention Rochelle and Keith for their exceptional customer service. You have customers for life.

RageRestaurant, General Manager at Rage Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Hi Karina,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are absolutely delighted that your first visit with us lived up to your expectations. We hope to see you in again very soon! Thank you again!

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Been meaning to visit this place for years as I know the chef had done a wonderful job in previous establishments.
Popped in alone on their first Sunday open this summer and was immediately shown to a nice window seat. Nice friendly, attentive staff gave me time to choose my drink first from their extensive drinks list. For food I settled on buffalo wings for starters, which had just the right amount of spice and the supreme of chicken stuffed with black puddings served with a whiskey cream sauce, interesting mix and done extremely well. All top quality and great value for money, will defo return with more people this time.

RageRestaurant, General Manager at Rage Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Thanks a million for the kind words. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit with us last Sunday and certainly hope to see you in again very soon!

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Wonderful friendly staff, buzzing environment and great food. Not sure I need to say anymore, just a delightful experience from start to finish.

RageRestaurant, General Manager at Rage Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Thanks a million for the review. Absolutely delighted you enjoyed your experience with us and we hope to see you in again very soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Staff were friendly on arrival. We had book a hour before and there was only two tables free (Saturday evening).

We were offered a table in the centre but asked could we take the one in the corner at the window. The restaurant looks onto a Rococo-style Carnegie library (next to a modern extension). We had plenty of time to discuss the merits of the architectural styles.

We were hungry going in and the starter took a long time to arrive. We were on time for the booking so not sure how it took so long (30 minutes for scallops and black pudding). No bread or nibbles in the meantime. We were beginning to suspect where the name Rage from.

In the end (after asking a good again) it arrived.

The server said the chef added an extra scallop for the delay. That made a total of and they were a little small.

It was beginning to feel like a frustrating night out.

However the food was delicious. The sauce with the scallops and black pudding was light and creamy. It all blended very well.

It took another long time for the main to arrive. My wife hadn't gone for a starter and she didn't take much of mine so I was able to survive.

I had the two medallions if 4oz fillet beef on a bed of mash which comes with a choice of potatoes/fries. I went for the house Cajun potatoes (cubed).

My wife had fillet beef (non-medalion option without the bed of mash) and the cajun house potatoes too.

Both came with a pesto dressed rocket salad with parmesan shaved on top that looked innoccous but was surprisingly full of flavour with the punchy pesto.

They both came with a few crispy onion rings too.

Both my wife and I opted for the pepper sauce (in a small pot). I had eaten my steak before I got around to tasting it because I assumed it would just be a normal pepper sauce and I'm on a bit of a health binge. The (medium) medallions were succulent, the chargrilling criss-cross was perfect for flavour (and appearance). My mouth is beginning to water as I think of them again.

Only after I got to the last of the steak did I decide to give the pepper sauce a try. My wife encouraged me.

It was exceptionally good. It was almost firey it was so pungent. I've had milder curries. Mmmm. Silky and peppery. Feck the diet. I finished off the Cajun fries, as well as the complimentary spinach and extra side of onion rings the head server or maître d' (or owner?) had offered for the delay.

This had been a real turn around. Dessert was back on as an option. Normally I end the aggravation as fast as possible when a place gets off to a bad start.

All I could manage was the vanilla ice cream on chocolate soil (crunchy chocolate crumbs) with a tablespoon of Bailey's in a small egg cup. The ice-cream was not note worthy but the Bailey's and chocolate tarted up to something pleasant.

I'm glad we saw Rage fight back to win the game after a misfortunate start. They clearly care about food and service.

(Library photo is by Barry Ward).

RageRestaurant, General Manager at Rage Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Hi Fiachra,

Thank you, we appreciate you taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. I would like to apologise for the delay on your food on Saturday evening but I am delighted hear that you enjoyed your overall experience. I hope you'll be back again soon and thanks again.