“Good quality family meal with something for everyone”
Review of Rage Restaurant

Rage Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Blackrock
Reviewed 28 March 2016

Eight of us ate here for a family lunch - five adults including two elderly, two teens and a 10-year-old. The menu was able to satisfy everyone. Although there was no kids' menu my son really enjoyed his spare ribs and nachos (a welcome change from nuggets and chips). I had a delicious duck dish for main. Others had fish and chips, vegetable curry and beef or chicken burgers. Only negatives were the lack of gluten-free options - my aunt did with a burger with no bun or sauce - and the lack of accessibility for wheelchairs (the restaurant is split-level up two steps and toilet isn't accessible). Aside from that it had a great all-round menu with broad appeal. Service was also good, although some mobility assistance would have been appreciated.

Reviewed 23 February 2016 via mobile

We were a party of 4 on 23/01/16.
The only negative we had was when we were leaving the premises,and 1 of us mentioned that they were very full and had eaten to much. Everybody agreed, a great negative.
A fantastic menu with great value Early Bird or weekend Lunch options.
Our server (Stephen) was excellent, explaining the options and advising on the Wines.
We had a fantastic meal, no complaints. Very good value and very comfortable.
My wife thought her Chocolate Mousse Sorbet was the best ever and possibly one of the best deserts she has ever had.
Bravo to all and we shall defiantly return

Reviewed 21 February 2016

It was my first visit to Rage last night. I was there with my girlfriend and we both had a really enjoyable good value meal.

I had the Chicken goujons (€6.50) to start which were amazing. My girlfriend had the Tomato and Basil soup (€5). I tasted some of that and this too was seriously tasty.

We both had burgers (€15 including one side) as a main. And both of them (Classic + Bacon and Cheese) were up there with the best burgers I have had. You get to chose one of many sides to accompany your burger. I went for the skinny fires while my girlfriend went for the Wedges. Both perfect!

The menu is vast. There were so may options I could have gone for but was in a burger mood!

The desserts looked great but we didn't have any as we ran out of time. There were two small negatives to our visit last night. The food was a bit slow coming out to us. We wanted to have dessert but we were left with time being too tight for us as we had something to go to. We finished off with a Cappuccino (€3.20) which was super. And the table we were at was very tight to other tables. I feel they should get rid of one of the two person tables and it would give everyone in the middle section of the restaurant so much more room.

But those two points aside this was a super visit and we have already booked to return with a big group. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

I could see this becoming a regular restaurant for me to visit!

Reviewed 9 February 2016

Just back from a great night out in Rage with family. It was a big success because there was something for everyone's taste and was very good value. The staff were lovely. Definitely will be back.

Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

Went here on a Sunday afternoon with my family. The menu has something for everyone and is very reasonably priced. My husband had the prawns served with a Cajun sauce and delicious rice. I had the house special Cajun chicken, all came with a free side. There is plenty of choice on the kids menu and my son had chicken goujons and rice which he ate pretty quickly! We shared a few desserts, Eton mess and selection of ice creams. Service was excellent. Overall a really enjoyable dining experience for the family in a buzzy restaurant. Will definitely be going back