See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 June 2016

Perfect location in small German village. Clean rooms, adequate breakfast, helpful owners. Since this is an older property as indicated in it's name, the floors are creaky. I was a little concerned that we would make too much noise coming in late on the top floor but no complaints. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay again next time we are in beautiful Germany.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank carol c
Reviewed 11 April 2016

I recently moved from Hawaii to Germany and while looking for an apartment I stayed at the Hotel zum Alten Brauhaus. It is a very German hotel and when I booked it I identified that it was just myself. I had a twin size bed for my room. I can live with this as it was just me. Others may want to indicate that they have a larger party to have a larger bed. The hot water was plenty hot and the room met my needs. The hotel does breakfast every morning. Coffee, tea, bread, meat, cheese, yogurt and fruit. They also do a dinner each evening.

Room tip: The hotel is next to a church with the bell ringing every half hour during the day.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Greg S
Reviewed 29 August 2015

Brilliant find, tucked away in a quiet village this hotel was amazing, the bedroom was very spacious with a large en suite overlooking the garden. Food was excellent and the house wine was like nectar, so yummy that you have to have seconds.

Room tip: Overlook the garden
Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank s w
Reviewed 17 June 2015

The village, hotel and rooms were all excellent! The village is picturesque, owners of the hotel were SO kind and welcoming. The breakfast served was one of the best I've had - a very relaxing and peaceful place to stay.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Margaret T
Reviewed 8 November 2014

We came to this hotel with our extended family of 13 for a couple of days of hiking in the area. We were very happy to be able to bring our 3 dogs as well. The hotel has a very nice big garden that has a highly romantic 'secret' quality to it.
Our hikes were guided by a gps tracker that was available from the hotel at no extra cost. Every hike we took was equally great and notably diverse in scenery. The autumn Eiffel surroundings were impressively beautiful.
Both breakfast and dinner were outstanding, especially good bread with a broad choice of condiments in the morning and the chef's daily creations in the evening. Not so much fancy or nouveau cuisine, but every plate was tasteful and creative, healthy and diverse. We liked the Rivaner and Cabernet Franc German wines a lot.
Overall an excellent experience that on behalf of our family I can wholeheartedly recommend.

Date of stay: October 2014