“Farewell Admiral Rodney”

The Admiral Rodney at Berrow Green
Ranked #2 of 2 Martley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 October 2016

I am so sorry to say that The Admiral Rodney has closed its doors except for the sale of drinks on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings. We, at Berrow Green, are hoping this is just a temporary affair. The Rodney, as we fondly know it, is up For Sale and we are all hoping for a buyer to come along and make it great again. I will let you know when I know. So sad.

Room Tip: No rooms available until it is sold.
Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
5  Thank Miriam W

Reviewed 24 August 2016

The beers are great at the Admiral Rodney. The food is above average. I had a salad while my friend had a steak sandwich. The steak did look very good. The salad however was ok just ok. We enjoyed sitting in the garden on a hot summers day supping on a local Wye Valley HPA ale - a classic quality ale. The menu I thought was extensive. Possibly too big. Will always go back as a good pub

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

Called in with 3 middle aged friends whilst walking Worcester Way. Smart bar but disinterested staff. Returned a couple of undrinkable pints of beer. Went to bar for last orders at 10:55. Informed bar closed at 11:00. Refused service despite no warning of last orders or closing time despite staff standing in same bar for 30 minutes chatting/texting.
How not to run a friendly bar!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2016

I hate having to do this, and I have agonised over writing this review because we had a super stay, the food was glorious, Lobster and asparagus salad, stunning, cheese board marvellous, gammon to die for, beers good, service excellent, breakfast all fresh cooked, all local ingredients, the best of everything, we loved it, BUT and sadly this is the but, we stayed and ate for two nights, one night we met up with some who lived locally, had a beer with them as we were finishing dinner, we ordered coffee all round, unfortunately the poor waitress somehow spilt the cream, it went over the three of us, covered my partner who had to change, the folk on the table behind us and an empty table, on the ceiling and all over the carpet, an accident and we accept that, we felt awful for the poor lass who was almost in tears, I helped her clear up, however , nothing by way of an apology from the management, and on check out I asked if all was ok, it was laughed off and still no apology, not the best way to leave after such a great stay

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank robv12
Reviewed 14 July 2016

Found this place for an overnight business stay but will most certainly be going back for longer. From the minute I arrived to the minute I left, I was made to feel an important guest, well looked after, well served and in a way that was genuine not forced.
The food is incredibly good especially the Thai Tiger Prawn Curry, and breakfast with excellent local sausage and bacon. the place is very friendly, as are the locals, the room was more than adequate and very clean and well maintained. As with all my reviews I am totally honest and if there is a negative it would be the noise from the generator/extractor outside my room, even with the window closed it is audible but not overly disturbing once I was asleep. Also the shower could do with a bit more power but not the end of the world. All in all a great place and one I will most definitely be returning to.

Room Tip: The Snug is a little noisy if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Kelvin M

Been to The Admiral Rodney at Berrow Green? Share your experiences!