The Admiral Rodney at Berrow Green
Ranked #2 of 2 Martley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 July 2016

Found this place for an overnight business stay but will most certainly be going back for longer. From the minute I arrived to the minute I left, I was made to feel an important guest, well looked after, well served and in a way that was genuine not forced.
The food is incredibly good especially the Thai Tiger Prawn Curry, and breakfast with excellent local sausage and bacon. the place is very friendly, as are the locals, the room was more than adequate and very clean and well maintained. As with all my reviews I am totally honest and if there is a negative it would be the noise from the generator/extractor outside my room, even with the window closed it is audible but not overly disturbing once I was asleep. Also the shower could do with a bit more power but not the end of the world. All in all a great place and one I will most definitely be returning to.

Room Tip: The Snug is a little noisy if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Kelvin M

Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

Another great little find to go onto our list as we search our new home county.
Lovely place in a great setting, the landlady was very pleasant and explained their weekly specials. Wednesday Curry night, Thursday Steak night and Friday Fish night all at special prices drink included.

The bar and restaurant are both clean and very comfortable, the customer service very good and the meal tasty and well presented and hot.

King prawns as a starter, this is a meal in its self, asparagus with a soft boiled egg, pancetta and crostini. The. steaks were cooked as requested and tasty, plus it's all fresh produce.
As they say on their website nothing processed, nothing cage.

All in all a nice pub, good food and definitely one to revisit.

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

If you run a pub with accommodation and shut in the afternoon (just when guests are likely to rock up) then it might be a good idea to make this clear when taking bookings.

Moan-ette over.

Room fine
Steak very well cooked
Service fine
Breakfast fine

Stay again probably

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Jean W, Manager at The Admiral Rodney at Berrow Green, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2016

we do,
on our website, booking.com, laterooms and if you book by phone.

thats why it asks for time of arrival on the booking....

Reviewed 20 June 2016

We stayed here as we were visiting friends in the area for a birthday party, what can I say fantastic from the moment we arrived the customer service was incredible so friendly 'as a world luxury traveller I am not easily impressed' the room we had was the 'Admiral's View' with a four poster bed which I must add was very comfortable. the full English breakfast was outstanding 'loved the mushrooms' as an adjunct should you be a whisky aficionado they have a good selection of malts to compliment a very nice food menu. a massive thank you to Alex and the staff for a very welcoming and relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Best Room is 'Admirals View'
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2016

Been a while since I updated a review of the Rodney, but since moving into the nearby village 9months ago and now been here quite a few times over the last 12 months thought I'd offer an update.
Why do we keep coming back when there are some great pubs close by offering good food, well mainly because the food here is always so good and consistently good.
I'm amazed at a review on here about rude staff, both the owners, the chefs and the young bar staff are all friendly helpful and what help make this place so good.
It has fantastic views in a great rural setting, a wonderful country pub atmosphere and what's really nice is how locals and visitors who travel quite a way to eat or stay here mingle, chat and are all treated the same.
We'll we will keep come back

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Been to The Admiral Rodney at Berrow Green? Share your experiences!