“Chicken Tikka Masala with Kheema Naan and Mixed Pickle”

Fergus Tandoori Grill
Ranked #6 of 50 Restaurants in Fergus
Price range: US$13 - US$17
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

7:14pm enter
Immediately sat and provided a menu

A good amount of menu options and the waiter was great at explaining the answers to my questions.

7:24pm ordered

What a beautiful, quaint restaurant on the strip here in Fergus. I initially wanted sushi but a friend in town recommended the Tandoori Grill and they say they have large portions of chicken which is ideal on "leg-day." Leg-day is the most important of workout days, FYI...

Kheema Naan is spiced mince meat in Naan bread and I decided to add the mixed pickles in to try something new. I really like Fergus. Even at this rainy time of year, the landscape and architecture is beautiful.

7:33pm food arrives.
The chicken and Kheema Naan are nice and hot. The chicken was really good! I inhaled that so I can dip the Kheema Naan in the tikka masala sauce... I opened the naan to check it out... not much minced meat. I polished off all the naan, sopping up the delicious tikka masala

Mixed pickle did not suit my palette. Very spicy and very unexpected tough texture of unripened mango. Hey, you have to try new things!

In retrospect, I should have gotten rice. The server removed the mixed pickle from my bill and explained how it may have been enjoyed differently with rice and chicken. Great service, I could eat more food for $23.71!

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Found this gem with my wife 11 years ago and have been frequenting it since. A truly wonderful authentic Indian cuisine experience. Having traveled to India several times, this food does not disappoint with quality, flavor, and selection from across India. Don’t worry about the dated decor. Come with your appetite for great curry, naan and rice. You won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We were heading through Fergus on family day and opted to stop in for dinner. We decided on the dinner for two - included bland samosas, naan, rice, chana masala and beef. The chicken was dry and the beef was inedible. I won't go back.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

We were referred here by a former employee of the restaurant. Great food, and my personal favourite- the owner is in the restaurant and he spent some time talking with us about his recipes.

Chicken Jalfrezi was the highlight.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

The best Indian cuisine I have ever had. The chicken korma dinner for one is delicious. Owners are welcoming and friendly. I’m excited to try more.