“Just an amazing evening all round,..great food and terrific service - could not ask for more.”
Review of Fergusson Room Pub

Fergusson Room Pub
Ranked #13 of 57 Restaurants in Fergus
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Gastropub
Reviewed 29 July 2018

My husband and I wanted to try a new restaurant in the area within an hours' drive and after locating this restaurant on line we decided to try it out on a Saturday evening. We were seated in the atrium overlooking the back patio with a lovely fire going outside for anyone that may have wanted a romantic fire and a glass of liquor after a nice dinner which looked very inviting. Our server Megan was amazing,...she really made our visit here quite memorable. She was very professional in dealing with us and helping me to pick something popular from the menu. She never took that lovely smile of her face the entire evening,..even while serving others and while working with her co-workers,..she truly looked like she was enjoying her job so much. All of the other waitresses looked the same,..so we can only gather that working here is a happy place. Megan helped suggest popular and great tasting items on the menu to us and she was happy to ask the chef if I could switch up another side dish to go with my fantastic pan fried pork schnitzel. It arrived on a seasoned wooden board,..with an array of seasonal vegetables ranging from brussel sprouts, broccholi, sweet potatoes and carrots. The fantastic schnitzel had a very pleasant tasting saurkraut on top of it which was tasty and not sour like some varieties. I opted for a dish of spaghetti with bolognese sauce on the side to reply the mashed potatoes that came with the meal and glad I did as it was very good with lots of grated parmesan cheese on top. The meal also came with a small dish of sour cream and a lemon,... This was a lovely meal and glad we both got the schnitzel to enjoy this time. We had a lovely bottle of Italian white wine and I ended my meal with a sizable piece or tiramisu which was terrific and presented very well with chocolate drizzles and powdered cocoa,... We almost hated to leave. Upon leaving we also had the opportunity to speak with Heather the service manager who took the time to chat with us. She is a lovely pleasant lady,..very professional as well and spoke highly of Megan. She gave me her business card to call her again if another reservation was required so she could handle it herself. We intend to bring a number of neighbours back soon for a nice evening celebration and I feel she will take care of us,...and hoping Megan will still be working our table as well. All in all,..a great experience,...a fantastic meal,..very clean restaurant,..wonderful ambiance,... We WILL return very soon again. Well worth the 45 minute drive to enjoy a lovely evening out and not rushed at all,..thanks Megan and Heather,..a job WELL DONE.

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately we were very disappointed with our visit. We were seated by the hostess on the patio and no waitress ever came to see us. We finally went to the bar and asked if we could get some service. The girl at the bar was very sweet and tried to help out, while our waitress was off chatting with people she knew. Our wings tasted like they had been previously cooked and then re-warmed and tossed in sauce. They were really crunchy and over cooked. I’m not sure if it was because it was wing night?!. Then no one came to check on us part way through our meal. I feel sad to give this review. The other waitresses seemed to be doing a great job, I guess it was just our luck.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Service was great. Lots of different beer options. Food was good. Pizza is large enough to share with someone. Hamburger seemed over cooked but my husband said he has had others there that were excellent. Pub also has a nice patio.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Stopped here on our way through Fergus and will never be back. Service was slow...people who came in after us and ordered after us got their food long before us. We soon figured out why...ours sat for so long it came out to us barely warm and the steak burnt. My youngest daughter ordered a burger which shows on the menu as a whole burger, she got a teeny tiny burger, that she would have devoured at 2 years old, not sufficient for a 10 year old. About 2 minutes after getting our food we noticed ants crawling all over our table...we can only assume they came off our plates as they weren't there before. Waitress offered to fix it but I told her I'd rather find another place to eat. The waitress didn't even apologize.

1  Thank Beth B
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

A great dinner. The food was tasty, the service excellent and the ambiance perfect as we were seated in Scozia in a small room.

1  Thank Faylyn K