“Great Sushi in Fergus”

Ikiru Sushi
Ranked #2 of 50 Restaurants in Fergus
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 19 March 2018

You wouldn't think there would be such a decent sushi source in a town that brags about its Haggis and Welsh Pasties but it's true. I enjoy sushi in many places around Ontario and the World and while this may not be the best place I've ever been, it is certainly an amazing surprise in Fergus.

3  Thank Grant M

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Having recently opened a 5* Japanese restaurant in the UK I am particularly picky about Japanese cuisine in general so it was with much scepticism that I made my first order form Ikiru. How wrong I was, the quality of the sushi and sashimi is amazing, we've had take out from here now several times and its does not disappoint, you can bank on a great selection and very imaginative rolls as well as fresh high quality ingredients which are crucial to good Japanese food.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

Clean and peaceful atmosphere, attentive staff and absolutely fabulous sushi, sashimi, tempura, hot sake and more. My favorite is Shrimp/Vegetable tempura with an upgrade to seaweed salad. Lovely presentation of sushi and sashimi and if you go for lunch they have bento boxes too. Having been to Japan, I find this first rate and extremely authentic. Amazing rolls - too many to try! If you like Japanese food, you will love this fine restaurant right on main drag of downtown Fergus. I am getting hungry just thinking about it... ;=)

Reviewed 8 November 2017

I was initially hesitant to give small town sushi a try, but after trying Ikiru shortly after it opened, I've been hooked ever since!

Staff is friendly and the sushi is very tasty. I am also impressed time and time again with the care they put into the presentation of the sushi.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

We dined here with friends and had a fantastic meal. The sushi is of the highest quality. The tempura is also excellent. There is a huge selection but for novices (like us) the staff are really helpful. Looking forward to going again and done takeout as well. Don't be put off by the somewhat shabby decor-the sushi is really worth it!!