Free cancellation until 28/07
US$166
US$146
Van Galis Cafe & Inn(Fergus)(Great Value!)
US$103
The Village Inn Elora(Elora)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$86
US$156
US$133
US$74
All reviewson tapgrand riverexposed stonefriday nightcream cheesefish and chipspatioserverpubpintdipdishfireplace
Reviewed 10 November 2015

Recently went to the Brew House for dinner. We should have made reservations, as the restaurant was packed and we had to wait approximately 45 minutes to be seated. We order the chicken wings and the poutine. The food was excellent and the portions were well worth the money. Kyle makes the best wings. Make sure you request that Kyle makes your wings. We we definitely go back!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Katherine B, Owner at Brew House On The Grand B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2015

Hi Shane,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review
So glad you enjoyed our wings. We are very proud of them. While we can't keep Kyle in the kitchen 7 days a week, we do have other staff who make an excellent wing as well :-)
As for the table wait, we do try to seat people as quickly as possible (or at least get them set up with a beverage while they wait).
Hope to see you again soon.
Cheers!

Reviewed 25 August 2015 via mobile

Best wings I have had in a long time, Tuesday is their wing night, friendly place, great service, awesome food, large selection on the menu. Prices are reasonable. Good atmosphere to relax and enjoy local beer on tap. Good view of the river below.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Katherine B, Owner at Brew House On The Grand B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2015

Hi Dallas!
Thanks so much for taking the time to write. It's always nice to hear from happy clientele!!
Patio season is almost over... be sure to come back and enjoy the view again before we have to close up (usually just after Thanksgiving).
See you soon!

Reviewed 1 August 2015 via mobile

A friend of mine and I decided to check this place out. Fergus is halfway between our houses and there isn't too much for restaurants. As we got there we waited by the patio decided whether we should wait for a table or go inside. We decided to check out the inside but was rudely stopped by whom I presume was the manager, and told us that whoever was seating people would be right over. Walking back over to where we were standing she said we were in the way and nudged my friend over.

Once we were seated our server forgot waters and never offered dessert. Whoever this manager was chose to visit all the other tables outside and ask them how their meal was going. Didn't seem like she cared too much about ours since she never even glanced at our table.

Food was alright but so disappointed with whoever this manager was that I would never go back. I'd much rather spend my money at the Ferguson Room down the street.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends

Dear Brittany,
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I'm doubly sorry because it sounds like I may have been working that night (I hostess and visit tables on Friday nights). First, rest assured, I do this work in order for people to feel welcome and that their opinion matters. Clearly I failed you and your friend.

Sometimes when we are very busy, I may say a "please wait a minute" type greeting and then return once I have run food or whatever I was doing when I saw you. My intension is to make sure you know we've seen you and you will be taken care of as quickly as possible. If people don't step back to the sign that says "please wait to be seated", they sometimes block the entrance and I have asked people to step out so people can leave (and make room for those waiting, of course). I don't recall ever telling someone they were "in the way" and I apologize if I "nudged" your friend; neither sounds like me, but on a busy night, perhaps I overstepped. If I came across as "rude" I am horrified and apologize for any misunderstanding. Our goal at the Brew House is to make everyone feel welcome.

As for the table visits, I visit as often as I can, preferably when the food is on the table. However, I also try to read the table. If they appear to not want a visit (on a date or deep in conversation), I try not to disturb and intensionally stay away. It is not a perfect system. Rest assured, I care deeply about every visitor's experience and input. Yours here has been registered and notes taken.

Other reviews talk about our quality service so I I do hope you and your friend will come back and give us another try some time.

Thank you for writing.

Reviewed 12 July 2015

My fiance and I stayed in the Riverview room in the inn and ate at the restaurant. The room was nice, a little bit old but clean and well-appointed. The jacuzzi was not a full two-person, which I thought it was when booking, but a one person tub with jets. It was nice to have a fridge in the room and the bed was comfortable. We were provided with a coupon for breakfast at a cafe around the corner, which was a nice touch, and the cafe itself was wonderful. The view from the room was gorgeous, as well. There was a live band playing that night and although I was concerned we would hear everything, neither of us heard a thing!
We ate dinner at the restaurant and although we were told it would be a long wait for food, it wasn't that bad. Our starters came promptly and our food not too long after. We both had the special, the fried chicken, and it was a LOT of food! Not the best I've had but not the worst either, very moist and flavorful. Reasonable and filling.
We enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gina M
Katherine B, Owner at Brew House On The Grand B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2015

Dear Gina M,
Thanks so much for taking the time to write in. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us!
We do our best to keep the rooms fresh, which is a bit of a challenge in a building built in 1857! However, I like a challenge! The Keurig machines are new this year and I just refreshed all of the linens used in both our rooms. I hope you'll be back again some time. Maybe you can try one of the pub's specialties -- people travel for our fish 'n' chips and our homemade chicken pot pie and our Guinness stew (served in a large yorkshire pudding bowl) get rave reviews.
Thanks again,

Reviewed 30 January 2015

Was enjoying a girls day with my sister and choose this restaurant for lunch. Service was horrible from the beginning. The first waitress dropped menus at our table - and I mean dropped on all sense of the word. Didn't tell us the special, just dropped, took our drink orders and walked away. Lunch came and looked/smelled delicious. Our waitress never came back to ask about our meal, never brought refills either. When we were fishes our meals, the waitress was sitting at the bar, drinking coffee. Looked at us twice and saw our plates were empty and our napkins were on our plates, but never got up. I finally got up and started to put my jacket on and had to ask for my bill!! NEVER will I go to this restaurant again. The food was pretty good, but I will not pay for lunch and get service this bad!!!

• Stayed: January 2015
2  Thank Trimblt
Katherine B, Owner at Brew House On The Grand B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2015

Dear Trimbit,
I am so sorry to learn that you did not receive the attention you deserved while at the pub. Your honesty is appreciated as I cannot be on site at all times.

We pride ourselves on looking after all of our guests and ensuring they have a great experience. If you could let me know what day you were at the pub, I will address the issue with the server immediately. I can be reached at fun@BrewHouseOnTHeGrand.ca

I am glad you enjoyed the food and I would like to address the server concerns so that you might come back and give us another try.

SIncerely,