“What a pleasure ”

Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Bathford
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We had a birthday meal here as locals with our grown up children today and we were all bowled over by the top notch grub we ate. We can't believe that we've overlooked The Crown for so long. It was astounding quality food at a reasonable price and very generous portions. I live the quirky French feel of the pub and as a local I enjoy a glass or two here occasionally but have only had snacks here before at lunchtime. Bravo to you all as the service was also excellent. We will have to do it more often. Thank you all for a great meal. My son was particularly impressed by the quality of the Moules (as was I) and his enormous and fabulous big burger. Best burger ever....he should know he's a burger expert! Honest, high quality freshly prepared food on the doorstep, it's truly a great place.

1  Thank jensim_12

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Six of us had an evening meal at The Crown. Two of us had mussels, which were excellent and the other had various dishes from the menu, which they all enjoyed. The food was freshly cooked and served by pleasant friendly staff. Nice atmosphere in pub and interesting back ground music, which we later discovered to be Russian/Mongolian throat music!

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Pub and restaurant open all day for food and drink. Good menue and food but spoilt by long wait. A pub which is trying to do both food and drink has to be careful it does not end up doing nether very well.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

I went for dinner and found a good choice of food, well priced, well cooked. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the beer was good. Pleasing decor, good atmosphere. I liked the fact it wasn't just an eating place but also a place where i would be happy just to sit with a drink. Food was a a bit too salty for my taste but that's a personal thing. I would go back and try other things on the menu, and sample the beer again!

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Lunch time drink and meal. Good choice of beers and lagers. excellent steak and ale pie with chips and others meals of ploughman's platter and cheese omelette were good too. Reasonable priced. nice rustic feel to the place. Girl behind bar was very friendly and efficient.