“Lunch”

Ranked #11 of 16 Restaurants in Beer
Price range: US$3 - US$11
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Under new management. Formerly known as Barrel O Beer & The Seafood Platter. Now its reverted back to a pleasant traditional village pub with excellent ale and lager, darts board and 3 televisions that you can sit and watch a good footy match. Also good food available from 12:00pm till 14:30pm and then again 18:00pm till 20:30pm. Dogs are welcome in the pub at any time. Change in license will be happening soon, so the pub will be staying open for longer. BARREL OF BEER IS NOW OPEN 11AM TILL MIDNIGHT sun-thurs & 11am till 1am fri-sat.
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Quaint little freehold pub. Food was good. Beer was good. What's not to like. When you are in a town called Beer how can you go past a pub called Barrel O' Beer.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Wife and I visited beer as the last time l was there was in 1960 when my aunt lived there it is still a lovely place. It was Sunday lunchtime and l said to my wife lets have a drink in the barrel o beer as my dad used to have a beer there and my sister and l would stand outside with a packet crisps so we whent in a young lady served us promptly i asked if we could get some food but was told there was none available so we had our drinks and left .The pub wes then empty.my dad would have been disappointed.

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

After a hot walk we fancied a cool drink in Beer. The pub offered 2 real ales from the St Austell brewery, my choice The Proper Job was good.
However, inside the pub is dominated by 2 large TV'S. This spoilt the experience for us.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Perfect drinking pub with sport on tap. Great, friendly service and a good atmosphere. Food, though basic, is perfect for the pub.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Take away the TV showing the sports, and you could have stepped back into the 1970's. This is a proper pub, the kind that you seldom see these days, and the kind that I had my first pint in back in the mid 80s. We had hoped for some food, but they were not serving at the time, so just had a pint and drinks for the kids and the wife (and yes, a T Shirt too...!).

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Andy B

Been to Barrel O' Beer? Share your experiences!