“Jungle hideaway”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
kristenmo...
“Jungle hideaway”
Reviewed 4 May 2018 for a stay in April 2018

First time in Belize. Three nights in this cool cabin in the jungle, located as part of an eco community. A stunning array of hummingbirds were very entertaining. I loved the sounds of the howler monkeys and didn’t find they disturbed my sleep any. Others might not feel the same. A few hundred feet up the hill from the Macal river, this place was exactly what I was looking for. There is a kayak on the shore for a solo chill afternoon on the water but take the Junglesplash tour on a pontoon boat to find the whereabouts of some pretty sweet waterfalls.
Two bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, fully outfitted kitchen with a hand cranked blender and a juicer- we put both to use. Off grid but even the most plugged in person wouldn’t have any issues. No cell service but internet was great. Must say something about the road from Benque to the house...it’s more like a dry river bed in places. Buy your groceries before you arrive. Must have four wheel drive. Thanks Susan, we thoroughly enjoyed our first foray into the wild of Belize!

5 May 2018
You were great guests,come on back. I am doing an INFINITE POSSIBILITIES Jungle Re-boot this winter. See my Facebook page for that. Please share with anyone you think might be intetested.Sue
notdeadye...
Birmingham, Alabama
“This place has it all if you love nature and clean living!”
Reviewed 6 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018

There are beautiful jungle and mountain views from the deck, birds singing by day and monkeys howling by night. I did not miss TV at all, but internet is available if you just must watch Netflix or something. The trail to the river made me feel like a kid again, with all the ferns, moss and giant trees. It's an easy, quiet kayak to the waterfalls and beach area. The house (and furniture) is made of some of the most gorgeous wood I've ever seen. The water is filtered, the lights are solar, and I never got a single bug bite!

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
7 Apr 2018
NorthStar...
“Paradise Found”
Reviewed 31 March 2018 for a stay in January 2018

We’ve stayed in this beautiful, jungle bungalow twice now. Once there were 4 of us, comfortably occupying both bedrooms and the second time, just my husband and me. We love the private space, off the grid location, tranquil porch (lovely, rain or shine) and eco accommodations leaving a small, sustainable foot print (rainwater collection, solar power, simplicity, eco build, etc.). Additionally, Sue is easy to communicate with and responsive to needs/requests.
If you’re looking to disconnect from the hustle and bustle and reconnect with nature in paradise, this is your place found in the Belize Jungle. Best bang for your buck too!

1 Apr 2018
Thank you so much !
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing