This hotel was recommended to us by our local agency here in Uppsala, and we are so happy we decided to spend our beach holidays there with our kids.
This was our first visit to Greece and we did not really know what to expect after all this publicity about the refugees’ crisis last year and the financial crisis the year before. Well, allow me to say that the situation is by far better of what you may think, since the whole area seems to be safe and fun. As the hotel staff was repeatedly saying, from whatever you hear believe nothing, from whatever you see believe only the half, if you really wish to find out the truth go there, and we are glad we did. The hotel is located right next to a sandy beach and has spacious apartments, ideal for a family with two kids like us. The whole complex is floored with shining white marble and walking barefoot is a great feeling indeed. The only criticism is about the food as it seems that everything is cooked in rich sauce. Thankfully, the maitre of the restaurant was so kind to explain always the ingredients and method of preparing surprisingly in Swedish, which was much appreciated. The staff is very helpful and kind. They were always willing to help and give the information no matter what you were asking about: the weather forecast, the good beaches around etc.
We can highly recommend Ilianthos Village for a charter holidays by the beach and we do look forward to our next visit in September. We hope to be able to get the same apartment on the ground floor with the little sun terrace in front.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All the Junior Suites, Suites & Maisonnettes are equipped with Individually Controlled Air Conditioning, Direct Dial Telephone, Radio, Color Satellite TV, Safety Deposit Box, Marble floors throughout , Fully fitted Marble Bathrooms with Bathroom Amenities, Hairdryer, Magnifying Mirror, Refrigerator(Mini Bar Service on request), fully equipped Kitchenette, Dining Table with Chairs, and a fully equipped Balcony.The Suites of the Village are designed and furnished in such a way that they will become your personal oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Travel Republic (UK) and LoveHolidays so you can book your Ilianthos Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ilianthos Village Hotel Agia Marina
- Ilianthos Village Agia Marina, Crete, Greece