14 people are viewing this hotel
Marriott HotelsUS$195
eDreamsUS$195
Prestigia.comUS$240
2,748 results
All reviews golf course los suenos swim up bar costa rica kids club play golf piko travel breakfast buffet is zip lining amazing pool beautiful property manuel antonio herradura beach open air family vacation pool side pacific coast
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 March 2020 via mobile

Love returning to Marriott Los Suenos! Fabulous breakfast... staff attentive ! Everything you need is there!! Book tours, enjoy the all inclusive style.. even a medical facility on property! Food, bar and ambiance is worth the upper end price of this resort.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2020 via mobile

We visited Costa Rica for the first time and chose the Marriott in Los Suenos since we are Marriott Rewards members. We chose well!!! We were greeted by Susan who was in training but did a great job!!! Explained the whole hotel too is in great detail. The room was clean and good sized. The pool was amazing!!!! We ate at 8OCHO sports bar. Kayleigh is a gem as is the whole crew there. Food was typically casual bar food. We also ate the more formal Hacienda Kitchen. Alejandro was our waiter both nights. Awesome guy and after our second dinner we were hugging him goodbye. He even brought Martha the head cook out to meet us. Food was great!!!!!

Highly recommend the Marriott

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2020

This hotel is part of a master planned community of the hotel, houses, condos, golf course and a marina. The location is close to Jaco and Hermosa beach and well situated for exploration of the surrounding areas. The community is extremely well done, beautifully landscaped and the hotel staff is very friendly, bilingual and very well trained. Rooms are a good size, we had one of the rooms with the hammock (which, as my husband pointed out, hangs above a tile floor....were you to misstep getting in or out you would lose a tooth!) which had bathroom with shower, minibar and very nice in room coffee. Our view was of the front entry so not great but at least we had palm fronds in front of our window.

Bryan at check in deserves a compliment. I am lifetime Marriott elite and I have never had anyone explain the on site benefits nor offer me a better welcome than he did. Another standout was Louis in Bar 8. He went out of his way to welcome us by name every time my husband and I stopped by.

The pool is large, well designed and has a swim up bar. It is composed of many interconnected areas so you could always find a quiet spot if you wanted one. The pool is way better than some resorts where you have to fight to actually get a seat...the hotel was full yet seating plentiful. The concierge helped us reserve rides from and to the airport, though unfortunately we never got to meet in person.

Note that while the resort is "on the beach", the beach itself in this area is a rocky mess and in my two visits never saw anyone go on the beach.

There were a few negatives but nothing to hurt our overall experience. Surprisingly for such a well run hotel, maid service was a bit hit or miss. For example we received an elite welcome gift of a cheese plate and wine our first night. Three days later, the leftover cheese, plate, wine glasses etc were still in our room. Since the hallways were open air I did not want to put outside our door and we had a problem with our phone so I had to remember to ask the front desk to have it taken away. The coffee maker was not always cleaned and sometimes the coffee was all decaf. Small things all in all but notable at such a well run hotel.

PRO TIP!! Right now there is major construction of an entire 4 story new building on the north side of the hotel, the right side of the entry. The building is quite close (20 maybe 30 feet?) to that end of the hotel where there are many rooms with balconies. I am not sure if they are renting those rooms during construction but it was loud and ALL day. Make sure you are not given one of those rooms or the noise is sure to ruin your trip. After construction is over, note that those rooms which use to overlook lush foliage will now overlook another building and, I suspect, be constantly in shade.

Room tip: Avoid the construction.
1  Thank EmmaPeele
Reviewed 24 February 2020

The Los Suenos Marriott. I'd give it 4.5 stars, but that's not an option so I'll round up since we had a great time. Pros: Pool is amazing, huge, and never crowded. Waterfalls, bridges, toys for kids, and a nice swim up bar for adults. Great views of Marina. Dining options were decent, all great ambiance. Hacienda was great for breakfast, overlooking the pool area. Steak house was good as well but nothing spectacular. There are also a few other restaurants we enjoyed at Los Suenos Marina, which is a pleasant 10 minute walk away. The room was nice, nothing amazing. We had a rainforest room which unfortunately included a view of some new construction. We were told no upgrades were available (I am an elite member so figured I'd ask) because there no were other rooms available, which was a bit odd considering how empty the hotel seemed for what I would think is a peak time of year. Its also a great location for some excursions. We did the Crocodile River Tour, Ziplining at Los Suenos Adventure Park, and a day trip to Manuel Antonio. All were alot of fun. We booked ahead of time through Piko Travel which I recommend, although I know other people booked similar activities right through the hotel. The hotel is also only a 10 minute drive into Jaco. There were also a few other perks for Elite members which we werent told about that we figured out along the way.. 10% discount at the restaurants, 2 for 1 drink specials every day at the pool bar..etc. All in all a great stay.

2  Thank jtmack13
Reviewed 24 February 2020

Stayed here Feb 20 to 23rd, 2020. Weather was great. Warm and sunny with a nice breeze. If you like a beach resort with lots of great pools, pool side rooms, beach views, and ability to walk the beach, this is a great place for you. The staff and hospitality was great. Plenty of food choices, 24 hour cafe and store, and rooms always clean. Slippers in the room. If you like walking here you go.... Starting from the hotel you can walk north to the Marina and walk around and check out the yachts, and continue on a short distance to a small beach with very few people. If you go south (toward Jaco) from the hotel, you can walk for about an hour and get all the way up to where the large island is. In low tide it is very easy walking. In high tide you can still do it easily, but you may have to step on my rocks to get there. Once you get to the "point" where the island is, if low tide you can walk around a pointed rock. If high tide you may decide to turn back, wade through the water, or climb the rock (I climbed the rock - not to bad). But once around the corner the waves crashing and splashing on even larger rocks is even more breath taking than what you just saw earlier. Again, this is a good hour one way from the hotel walking at a good pace. Enjoy your stay at the Marriott.

Room tip: Partial ocean view - could hear the waves, but barely see the water through the trees
  • Trip type: Travelled on business