All reviews the main street the owner easter island other travelers airport pickup air conditioner marcello tour town rapa festival
Reviewed 27 April 2018

The worst experience we ever had, please don't stay there!!! We had contacted the owner of the hotel, Marcelo, via email before we landed and confirmed that he would meet us at the airport when we arrived.

We arrived at Easter Airport and when we came out of the airport, we looked for Marcelo and couldn't find him. We waited almost half an hour and still couldn't find him, so we hired a taxi to the hotel. When we met Marcelo who looked like half-drunken, we told him that we looked for him and also waited for him at the airport for more than half an hour. Marcelo refused to listen to us and slammed the door in our face and refused any service. This all happened within five minutes upon arrival. We were left stranded with our luggage on the street.

We have travelled around the world for more than 70 countries and had never had such terrible experiences. We just want to share our experiences so other travellors would think twice before they want to book this hotel, please don't stay there!!!

Stayed: December 2017
7  Thank ychenguni
Reviewed 12 February 2018

Run by Marcelo and Sonia. We arrived to experience the Tapati yearly festival. Marcelo was instrumental in reserving a reasonably-priced room for us. Sonia was excellent at making suggestions and making sure that everything ran smoothly. She picked us up and returned us to the airport, made sure we had huge, delicious breakfasts, helped arrange island tours and a car, plus offered her insights about island life and Tapati. Our room had a small fridge and a safe. It was an easy walk to the ocean, the town and all the Tapati events. I'm glad we stayed here and would do it again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol C
Reviewed 9 January 2018

I stay this hotel 2 night in November, 2017

The staff is very nice. The owner wife (Isabelle), she drive a car pickup from/to airport. She is very nice and very welcome myself.

Good taste of Breakfast,,, 1st day is cook by Isabelle and 2nd day is cook by owner mother.

Wifi speed is bit slowly. But this is acceptable.

Location is good 5 minutes walking to supermarket and restaurant. Driving 10 minutes to Airport.

Room is very clean and tidy. Becuse there is Easter Island, must not air conditioner offer... but the temperature is not hot......

The dog (the name is Sultan,,,, Male black dog). It is very friendly, especially in breakfast time...You will know, if you stay this hotel.

The Room price is bit expensive, but acceptable. I use SGD300 for 2 nights.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ERICCheung8888
Reviewed 7 November 2017

left waiting at the airport, the room was dirty, the bed linen was old and in bad condition, the bathroom had tubes hanging, the room was dirty, the breakfast was poor, attended by a drunkman who called the police when we said we could not take the room for more than one night and although it was Rapa Nui time and we could risk not finding a room, we could not stay in those conditions, he was demanding full payment of the 10 nights we booked. We ended up paying for 3 nights, really unfair because he did not fulfill his part of the deal.The police told us that they were constanly called for disturbances and they were afraid to come because of the owners violence!!!! Dont go there. Bad taste in our mouths.

Stayed: February 2017
4  Thank Albita6161
Reviewed 16 August 2017

I was greeted at the airport by Sonia, who gave me a lei, and took me on a little tour of the town. She was very helpful. Marcelo, her husband, took over from there, making sure I had everything I needed to enjoy paradise.
An ample breakfast was served in the morning. It was enjoyable to sit at the table, and learn about the adventures of the other travelers. Later in the day, we could sit in the area and relax.
The Kaimana only has 6 rooms. It provided a comfortable, safe environment. I loved it.

There was nothing we wanted or needed, that was overlooked. I would go back in a minute.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo