Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
eDreams
Vio.com
All reviews wedding venue superior room top class beautiful hotel sunday lunch hake next morning boutique hotel beef cellar restaurant full irish well worth a visit filet from start to finish borris house food was amazing bar food
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 September 2022

Loved our stay at the Step House. Gorgeous building with beautifully decorated rooms. Fortune enough to stay in the huge Penthouse with the most amazing views.

Lovely welcoming fire in Reception, great breakfast and dinner. Sociable, traditional bar.

Can’t wait to stay again.

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2022

I was invited to a wedding of a dear friend in Ireland. The wedding venue was the Step House Hotel! It couldn't have been a more perfect venue for this wedding. We were the only wedding there and had the space to ourselves. Guests were welcome to all the common spaces and the outdoor garden, with each space more lovely than the previous! The staff was excellent, accommodating and knowledgeable in their jobs. Every aspect from the physical space, the food, every detail was so well and lovingly thought out.

Room tip: Every room that the guests had was lovely.
Date of stay: September 2022
Reviewed 4 September 2022

My wife and I got married here last month, we loved the experience that the hotel provided so much that we would do it all again and change nothing.

Great to deal with, great food selections and it was a struggle to select the menu as it was that tasty, cooked all guest's steaks to option and it was faultless.

Guests loved the setting, rooms and food.

Staff made the whole journey for us very easy. Big thank you to Clodagh, Ruta and Richard plus all the other staff.

Can't recommend highly enough, looking forward to visiting again.

From Kieran and Vanessa

Date of stay: August 2022
Reviewed 25 August 2022 via mobile

I happened on Step House in Borris by accident and boy am I happy I did. Every experience from start to finish was sooooo welcoming. I arrived late in the evening. Check in was seamless- really friendly and helpful staff. I did not have a booking but stayed in room 103. It was so warm and comfortable after a long working day.
But the best was yet to come. I ate in the bar. I had the Wild Irish Hake. It was fabulous. Each individual flavour was delicious, the hake. the scallop tortellini, the ginger butter etc. etc. Truly a celebration on a plate.
Later Cait, the owner told me that her son (the chef) had won chef of the year in Co Carlow, last week. I can totally understand why.
I would have no hesitation what so ever in recommending this boutique hotel and restaurant .
All I have to do now is figure when I can book my next trip with family. Next time, I won’t be a ’table for 1’

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2022

Stayed here for 2 nites over Easter and have no complaints. Hotel is located in small village of Borris and situated in centre close to pubs, shops, coffee shops etc. Very clean hotel with good food, friendly staff and good value for money. Our room was spacious, modern decor, spotless and had balcony. We do some hiking and hotel idealy located for Mt.leinster and other walks in Carlow.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple