“Reward night”

Step House Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Borris
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This is a lovely small hotel , bar and restaurant. Amazing food !
Reviewed 11 December 2018

What a wonderful night out !
Four of us went out for our annual reward night , we entered a beautifully decorated festive foyer and were directed to the restaurant where we were met by our very pleasant waiter Daral . The menu was an interesting choice of dishes well described by our waiter who also new his wine . For starter I had the mackerel it ,the flavor elevate mackerel in my estimation . I followed that by the venison so beautifully cooked and full of flavors that tantalized the taste buds. Desert was very interesting I had Pain Perdu with bacon on top which I tried out of curiosity and it worked so well , all in all this was an amazing evening of flavors created by a very talented and imaginative chef . I am so looking forward to my next visit and I won't be waiting a year!

Date of visit: November 2018
2  Thank lifesecrets
Write a reviewReviews (120)

Reviewed 20 November 2018

This was another return visit and standards have been maintained. Good food, friendly staff, reasonable prices. At this time of the year the bar has a blazing log fire going and it's a great place for a cosy meal and a few drinks. It's high on our list of places to go for a meal when in the area.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Apart from my review of this hotel, I forgot to mention the breakfast which is held in their restaurant. It is probably the best breakfast I have had in Ireland. The choice of buffet foods was amazing, fresh fruit salad, freshly stewed fruits, all different kinds of yoghurts, cereals, breads, pastries, cheese and meats, jams etc. This is all included with your Irish breakfast, freshly prepared eggs or full Irish. Also a must to mention is the real butter on the table and not those awful little packets!

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

We were at a family wedding here and stayed overnight. The staff are friendly and professional. The wedding dinner was duck, artichoke soup, pan fried hake or beef and cheesecake dessert. Everything was expertly served and piping hot. The potato gratin was particularly good. We stayed in a family room which was spacious with a fantastic view over the, gardens and looking out to the Blackstairs mountains. The penthouse suite was spectacular with its sitting area, dining table, bathroom and sauna. Even without the view it would have been spectacular!!! Had the finest full Irish breakfast the next morning. Thoroughly enjoyed our day and night here and will most definitely be returning.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

Rude waitress, food had to be returned and she became aggressive and argumentative with us, not very good, would not recommend this place.

1  Thank 12,345,192