1,566 results
All reviewsburlington restaurantdevonshire armstasting menuafternoon teaattention to detailcocktail loungethe riveracross the roadbiscuitsfour poster bedone night staymichelin starwhole experiencemain restaurantcountry house hotelwedding anniversarycar park
Reviewed 13 June 2018

We were delighted to be invited to a wedding at this prestige hotel. Sadly it was a big disappointment. Three major issues. We asked to book a room for the night to enjoy the evening do. We were quoted £340, absurdly expensive. Service at the wedding meal was very poor being exceptionally slow with no apparent direction. When our first course soup arrived it was almost cold. Wine service was almost non-existent for much of the meal. Many guests did not receive the last course coffee as staff were clearing the room for the evening do. The hotel is amaze of rooms and corridors and we were unable to locate the bar earlier in the day.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Solomonbrown
Reviewed 5 June 2018

A beautiful hotel in a stunning location. We couldn’t fault a thing during our three night stay. The staff are warm and friendly, the hotel has so many lovely little touches which makes your stay extra special from chilled water in your room fridge, homemade cake on arrival in your room and a special gift left on the bed each evening. We spent our days walking, enjoying the gorgeous riverside and woodland walks, returning to enjoy a drink on the patio and then relax in the quiet spa. We ate in the bar each night, the food was delicious and service first rate. We will definitely return.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Just wAnted to say thankyou to “Duncan” in the Devonshire Spa .My daughter & I visited the spa with my disabled mum . Duncan was very attentive & couldnt do enough to help , Making sure mum was ok whilst we enjoyed the spa & mud !! Once again thankyou Duncan you made our trip very relaxing & enjoyable .

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank janeghalifax
Reviewed 2 June 2018

Booked the Burlington Restaurant and overnight stay to celebrate my wifes' birthday and what an excellent decision that turned out to be. The hotel enjoys an idyllic situation close to Bolton Abbey in Yorkshire Dales with scenic walks and abundant wildlife. Our welcome was friendly and we were immediately shown to our room with four poster bed and views across the river and fells. Afternoon tea was enjoyed by both of us and followed by a picturesque walk along the river bank to Bolton Abbey, an easy walk of about 30/40 minutes. The evening entered around the award winning Burlington Restaurant where we enjoyed the 9 course tasting menu. The flavours and presentation were fantastic and it is easy to see why the restaurant has won its justifiable accolades. My personal intolerance of garlic was mentioned and was absolutely no problem and my needs catered for perfectly..This is a hotel that prides itself on high standards which are met in every area. I cannot emphasise enough how impressed I was with the standards of service from all staff and their friendliness exudes a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere throughout the hotel. My first visit but without question not my last.

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank MEllerton
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely setting. Food in main restaurant was superb. Service was patchy which let down the chef and was disappointing given the cost. In the brasserie service was bordering chaotic at times. Breakfasts were lovely, unhurried, good quality ingredients.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple