Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We had a great stay at Villa Formosa, Bohol
The food was fantastic, as was the pool area
Walking distance to beach but a few issues which means I would not return here
The 3 bedroom villa looked like the original house and had 2 out of 3 air conditioners which were extremely old and noisy- sounded like a tractor driving through your bedroom and both bathrooms but especially master had very stinky bathrooms
I also thought it was over priced
However the smaller villas I cannot chat about as they looked more modern from the outside

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank WendyJeffrey
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

My Best Friend and I (both female) stayed at Villa Formosa for 3 nights at the end of November to the beginning of December.

Before we arrived, I called them to let them know what time we would arrive and they mentioned they would try get the room ready for an earlier check in time. They always answer the phone and seem to be very prompt in responses.

When we arrived, my first impression was how lovely the greenery was! It was really really nice, small place but so lovely. We wanted to have a very chill holiday so the fact that there were only 6 bungalow rooms made it very peaceful and comfortable.

The woman looking after the place and her Husband were absolutely friendly!

This place is the perfect place to go to for a peaceful holiday with and doesn’t seem to ever be overcrowded. We were always the only ones in the pool with another couple.

To me, it’s more of a couples place.

Oh and they have amazing Italian food! Try their homemade pasta!!!!

PERFECT GETAWAY PLACE! Will be back :)

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2017

My wife, 5 year old son and I stayed here for 4 days. It is a lovely hotel with huge rooms most of which are detached. The pool is very nice and the staff are so friendly and very helpful (thank you Rose). Worth knowing the following points:-
1) The beach is a 10 minute walk away down a small road (steep hill) and costs approx 20 pesos per person per day as access is via another hotel.
2) No TV in the rooms - no problem and I actually enjoyed not having one.
3) A taxi into the main town is around 600 pesos each way and takes approx 20 minutes.
4) Breakfast is cooked fresh while you wait and is good. I would say the menu is a bit limited. We did not try the lunch or dinner menu.
5) Free WiFi.
6) Rooms are big, clean and basic. Really nice private patio area outside.
We all enjoyed ourselves and plan to return again next year. Thank you for a lovely stay.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank paul n
MTQTT, Owner at Villa Formosa Bohol, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2017

Dear Paul N,

It is always a pleasure to read about how much you enjoyed your time while staying with us in Villa Formosa Bohol. We're glad that you and your family had a lovely stay. Our staff are very delighted to have served you. I will make sure to share this review with Rose. Thank you for choosing Villa Formosa Bohol as your holiday destination of choice in the Philippines, and we do look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable getaway in the near future.

Best Regards,
VILLA FORMOSA TEAM

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

My family stayed for three nights in the 3 bed villa. The first thing to mention is that with only 6 rooms in the property the staff to guest ratio is very high and our entire party was always well cared for. Pool is clean and large, but too deep for young kids. The villa itself is a converted main house with tons of space.

Beyond this, the staff themselves (Mimi, Rose, Mildred and the entire back house) deserve huge credit for going above and beyond. When my niece came down with a flu on the second day, they cooked arroz caldo and made sure fresh sheets and towels were always on hand. I am very happy we chose this villa for our Bohol getaway. A wonderful property with great staff.

nb. While Formosa is an excellent choice and one we would book again, it is not beachside. Dumaloan beach is a 5 minute walk away and charges an entrance fee 25php as of writing).

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank O D
Reviewed 6 August 2017

Seems that I'll be the only one who won't praise this property and who was not totally charmed by it.
My most important complaint regards poorly maintained bathroom and cleanness.
I'll add some photos to illustrate that I'm talking about inexpensive details that cumulative value was below what we've paid for just one night (around 80€)
We had our dinner just one evening (out of 4) and I'm afraid we were not thrilled as other reviewers were so we choose to dine out other 3 evenings.
I also expected more for breakfast either in quality and especially in quantity: one egg per person!?! If this was a way to economize ...
Property was without any doubts beautiful, well shaped and sized pool, staff very attentive and helpful but I can't overlook these shortcomings.

Date of stay: April 2017