“Expect The Unexpected!”
Review of The Beacon

The Beacon
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sandyford
Reviewed 31 August 2017

We stayed for 7 nights as we did not want to stay in the central city district. So glad we chose this place. Close to the number eleven bus into O'Donnell street and also the tram/train into the city in about 25 minutes to St. Steven's Green. The decor is whimsical and hip, yet relaxing and comfortable. Breakfast catered to all tastes with the extensive menu and the bar and restaurant menus for lunch and dinner provided enough variety for 7 nights dining. Our room was a delux king on the 7th floor and so spacious and well appointed. The bathroom also so lovely with a very deep soaking tub and separate shower and once again the decor was in keeping with the common area theme. A wall of windows provided drenching light and views. I was worried about the noise factor as it is on a main road and beside a private hospital. I did use the ear plugs provided at night and slept with the windows open. It was not dreadful noise and no where near the traffic noise I was expecting. This is "Irish traffic" noise, not the noise of New York/Chicago/Paris/Rome. No blaring horns, sirens or big trucks changing gears, just a hum of moving cars and it did decrease after peak hours. There is also an Irish law preventing sirens as they approach the hospital. I heard a soft siren once for about 3 cycles and it was finished. I am sensitive to noise and would stay here again. Bring your own ear cancelling ear phones and also a good eye mask if you want to sleep with the windows open. Can't say enough good things about the staff, after all, it is really the staff who make or break a place. I inadvertently left a large amount of money on my bed with credit cards etc when I went out one day. When I returned, the maid had neatly placed all items on top of the mini bar. Her name was Aida and a big shout out to her and her honesty. Our floor manager was Nela and she was fabulous. It was evident she loved her job. Nela took our luggage down to the foyer as other staff were occupied and would not accept a tip. Nela was always available and enquiring about our needs. I saw Nela pitching in to help other staff with their jobs at other times. Nela is an asset to your company. I do not know the names of other staff too numerous to mention who were always friendly, polite and helpful. This hotel is also a great location for day trips to the Wicklow Mountains and beach areas. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,343)

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Stayed overnight here as it was near to Dundrum shopping centre. This is a quirky hotel (in a very good way) with great rooms (the most unusual I have ever stayed in) and very nice reception area. Little niggle was that the view out our window was directly into an adjoining appartment (less than six feet away) so curtains had to remain 3/4 closed all the time. Fridge was not working, but to be fair I wasn't using it anyway. Staff were very pleasant and efficient and there was a very relaxed atmosphere throughout. I would certainly recommend here and I will be staying again. I didn't eat in the restaurant so can't comment on the food.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2017

We stayed at the Beacon Hotel recently for one night. It was booked for us so we were not sure what to expect. It is a lovely hotel, very comfortable & would definately stay again if in the area. Within easy reach of Dublin.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel is fabulous. We've become 'regulars' of sorts as it holds a lot of significance for us. We've stayed a number of times and all of the rooms are beautiful with lovely touches like beautiful lighting, White Company Cosmetics, fluffy towels, bottled water.
Prior to this visit, I reached out to the hotel manager Ali McHugh via email with specific requests for our stay. She really went above and beyond to ensure our stay was spectacular. I'd recommend booking the penthouse suite if you want to experience true luxury in Dublin. Ali even took the time to check in with us during our stay to make sure everything was going well.
The food was, as usual, spectacular and authentic Thai food. I love the Gin menu also. Service is prompt but not intrusive. All staff are friendly and professional. The breakfast buffet is ample & you can order poached eggs cooked to order.
Fabulous stay, I thoroughly recommend!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2017

We loved our stay at the Beacon Hotel - the staff was wonderful Demetrius at the front desk went out of his way to accommodate us even upgraded our room since we were staying with them for a couple of weeks. We ate breakfast at the hotel everything was always fresh and hot. Evening drinks at the Crystal Bar were always a treat the bartender made one of the best Irish Coffees I had ever had. Our room was beautiful and the bed made for each night a wonderful nights sleep. Were back in Dublin next February and are planning on staying there again. Can't say enough good things about our stay.

Room Tip: Rooms with the king size bed are larger -