All reviews b bs hotel is located bread cinzia cheese cereal town beach orlando
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

After staying at two B&Bs at previous destinations, Hotel II Mulino was a nice change. The hotel is located by the seafront and we were lucky enough to get a room on the 3rd floor with stunning, sweeping views of the ocean. I don’t think you could ask for more in terms of aspect or convenience for the price. The room was a decent size, clean and simply decked out with a balcony. The bathroom was spacious and worked well unlike the places we’d just come from. Breakfast was simple but nice.

There was enough variety with different types of bread, cereal, cake and cheese. Had a caffe latte on both mornings (not being used to the potent Sicilian brew) which arrived in two separate jugs of hot milk and coffee to mix to your own desired blend of milkiness.

We were most impressed by the courteous staff who were always willing to help. In particular Cinzia at the front desk who spoke English was warm & friendly and always had a smile.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2017

I visited the little town of Capo d’Orlando for a wedding from dear friends and stayed for 3 nights in hotel Il Mulino.
The hotel is located right at the beach, on the cozy Capo boulevard.
With all kind of shops, bars and restaurants, just around the corner.
The room was perfect, clean, spacious and with a mountain view!
I heard the breakfast was great, but I missed all times 
Since I liked Capo so much, I will be back in 3 weeks and will stay at Il Mulino again 
Looking forward to enjoy the beach and the friendly staff of Il Mulino.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank TimDeGroot1978
Reviewed 10 July 2017

I stayed one night at this hotel, in a small single room with a balcony facing the interior of the hotel (common space), basically the corridor where the lifts are. At 2.00 am I discovered that the flash of the toilet was broken, unfortunately only after I had used it. I called the reception and the instruction I received was to push the button (embedded in the wall) as many times and as hard as possible. After 3-4 minutes of this exercise there were only few drops of water coming down. So, early in the morning I wanted to change a room, after explaining what happened at night while the hotel receptionist did not apologize not even once about the inconvenience, and initially they said there were no more rooms available. I decided to check out and after 5 minutes the receptionist told me that actually there is one room, double but it will cost more (the difference was 5 euro!). They showed me the room, the toilet there was working, so I kindly asked them for a smooth transfer in that room under the same price as a compensation for my bad experience. As an answer I received an explicit NO, and the hotel manager actually asked me to go to my room with him and show what the actual problem was. Even the proof of the broken toilet to the hotel manager himself was not enough to still receive an apology! And again he was refusing to offer a discount I repeat of 5 EURO, whilst saying that they can repair the toilet in 5 minutes, it is not a big deal bla bla! OUTRAGEOUS SERVICE, ZERO EMPATHY, ZERO APOLOGY and ZERO CLIENT ORIENTATION. Of course I checked out and do not recommend this hotel to anybody! Definite NO GO!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Alexandra M
Reviewed 22 January 2016

The hotel is at the beach near the center of town. With good weather you can see the small volcanic islands in the distance.

My room room was large with a small bathroom. Free Wifi worked well

Breakfast was a bit basic with only some bread, ham, cheese and the inevitable cakes. For fried, poached or scrambled eggs you have to pay an extra € 6,-

Staff speaks little English but in the end you get there.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 November 2015 via mobile

I stayed here with 2 other work colleagues, it was a perfect stop over after a long day traveling and visiting clients.

The room was fine, above all the bed was comfortable,

I can't comment on the food as I was up and out early so I didn't get time to eat

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business