“Highlight of our week - cooking with the chef Saverio Piazza of Il Timo restaurant”
Review of Il Timo Restaurant

Il Timo Restaurant
Reserve with
Il Timo Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 132 Restaurants in Aci Castello
Price range: US$35 - US$64
Description: The ideal location for a "spaghetti" by the pool, a working lunch, a gourmet dinner, Il Timo Restaurant will change your idea of food. Take the chance for an unforgettable culinary experience: in our kitchen local products meet our vegetables -grown in the first "hortoinhotel" in Sicily. The executive chef Saverio Piazza will transform them in unic dishes, rich of flavours and savours.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My little one wants to become a chef - so I read about the chef of Il Timo offering cooking lessons even for kids upon availability. Once we arrived at the Sheraton Catania, I inquired about it and we got to meet Saverio Piazza to discuss options - best decision ever! He is such a friendly and happy person. Spending time with him and cooking with the chef himself was the highlight of our one week vacation in Sicily! It started with visiting the fish market together in the morning, picking out different options for the 5 course dinner, then stopping at his yard for choosing spices and vegetables and finally preparing everything together and receiving tons of tips to take home... wish pictures could capture smells and taste... the day ended with dinner being served at his restaurant and a nice bottle of wine... everything was just awesome and so delicious. Thank you for an unforgettable day and experience!

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I had another good seasonal pizza last night and I’m pleased to say that I cannot wait to go again in the summer to try another seasonal pizza! Highly recommend the pear pizza

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

My kids loved the food and the view at the restaurant. Reservations are required so make sure that you do that and then you can enjoy a nice dinner with a beautiful view.

FourPointsCatania, other at Il Timo Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Dear Rosanna,
thank you for your excellent review! I am really happy that your family enjoyed my dishes. I wonder if you had time to take a walk in our organic vegetable garden!
Hoping to welcome you soon again,
best regards
Saverio Piazza - Executive chef

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Very poor menu choices , and being on the coast ,not much to choose from except fish , the menu consists of 4or 5 courses which put on one plate would leave enough room for a large jacket potato,
Breakfast ,this had clothes full of very greasy bacon,sausages, and fried potatoes, in one corner local delights which consisted mainly of cake and biscuits paper cups for liquids and side plates for your meal I can only assume that 4stars in Italy has a different meaning.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the Sheraton and decided to eat at the restaurant in our hotel.

There were some menu's and an a la carte.
We decided to go for a starter and main og our choice.
Starters I had pasta with a boar ragout that was not bad as my girlfriend had a pasta with saffron and basil and the only thing she got was pasta with an overload of grated cheese.

Main courses were just not as expected and can be called dissapointing.
I had veal on Catanian way and this was a small piece of meat with just some dry salad on a plate.
My girlfriend had Tuna that was cooked ok but served with cold marinated peaches that just dont fit with tuna...
We ordered dessert just because we were still too hungry.
Tarte with almonds and lavender was ok and I thought to play safe and take the ice cream of the day and got served some ice cream again with those marinated peaches and sun dried tomatoes...
At home we try all different kinds of "gourmet" restaurants but this aint close to what they serve.

Plus of the evening was service and the wine was excellent.

We had alot of expectations but came out dissapointed...