All reviews road noise aci trezza thoroughly enjoyed our stay air con room was spacious pasta good size yogurt lovely hotel tv taormina balcony sky
Reviewed 26 August 2017

The Lachea is a lovely, family run hotel. Staff are exceptional, going out of their way to be helpful and to make you feel welcome. The hotel is spotlessly clean, and the highlight is the pool area, which has a lovely view and is always pristine. You can always find a sunbed. Breakfasts are good, with a wide variety of cakes and pastries, and a full range of quality coffees from a self service machine. There is also cereal, fruit and yoghurt, and a more limited selection of savoury items. Air con and wifi work well throughout the hotel. A glitch with the wifi in the room on one day was quickly sorted. Rooms, balcony and bathrooms are a good size and kept very clean. We had a side sea view and a room at the front. There is some traffic noise, particularly at the front. The hotel is a 10 minute walk to the centre of Aci Trezza, a quaint and buzzing fishing town packed full of lovely restaurants and bars. Initial access to the town is via a steep incline with very narrow pavements and I think this would be tricky with a buggy or for the mobility impaired. There are no natural beaches in Aci Trezza, you can either perch on the rocks, or pay to enter one of the stylish a comfortable lidos, with bar and facilities. We paid 5 euros per person per day. As Aci Trezza is in a marine conservation area it is trul a snorkeller's paradise and we spent many happy hours snorkelling all round the fariglione. I would thoroughly recommend this as a holiday destination.

Room Tip: The rooms do suffer from traffic noise, particularly the rooms at the front of the hotel by the entrance
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Catherine D
Reviewed 26 June 2017

The rooms are a good size, the showers very small, you bang your elbows when trying to wash. We had to ask them to come and remove the thick layer of dust on items in the room when we arrived. Depending which room you have the road noise will be excessive or quieter. Room on the hotel entrance side are away from the main road so quieter, those fronting the side side or side road suffer from road noise and Italians drive fast, noisy and late on a Saturday night. There is a balcony of moderate size. The room has a safe but you getter key from reception on payment of a refundable deposit.

Dinner was an Ok buffet, nothing exciting but good choice.

Breakfast is also self-service buffet, you can get boiled eggs and a wide range of cakes. Sorry I can't get used to this Sicilian obsession with cakes for breakfast. There was enough choice for you to have a good breakfast. The staff were friendly and helpful - when our friend left his charger behind they kept it till we were next passing to pick it up.

Room Tip: For peace at night get a room on the entrance side .
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

We stop by on a work trip. Rooms were normal but the service for the hotel and the restaurant was overwhelming. At the dinner table the staff took care of us very well and recommended us delicious plates. That same service with a smile continued with the breakfast and made our stay pleasant.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank GregorRon
Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

There was an exceptional quality lift, very modern and scentless unlike some lifts around the country. I consider myself to be a lift expert so it was impressive to see such a great lift. I would probably give it an 87/100 on the lift scale. To elevate its score it would be nice to see some more interesting colour schemes, such as blue.

The rooms were quite spacious which was nice although there was lots of traffic noise during the night which was slightly infuriating. The rooms themselves were clean although I would have liked to have seen some pillow alternatives as I consider myself to be a pillow expert and I was upset by the lack of feather pillows.

The room was a nice temperature. The bathroom was also quite good and clean although it didn't have a lock so even though I was staying by myself, I called my friend who is a bathroom lock expert and he said that he understood my dilemma - to lock or not to lock, that is the question. To die, to sleep, to sleep, perchance to dream... sorry I got a little distracted then because my dog was reciting a little bit of Shakespeare. However in this case I could do neither.

It was a great shame that the swimming pool was not in use. It reminded me of when I visited Alabama in 1988 and the swimming pool could not be used because there was a man trying to clean it. That was an event that made me very sad but when I talked to my friend who is a swimming pool psychologist he said not to feel sad because sometimes swimming pools have time outs as well.

The food itself was very varied. There seems to be an obsession in this hotel with eggplants. I asked my uncle who is an aubergine expert whether he had ever heard of such an obsession and he said he had, when his great godmother Jeanette once made a hat. Also the buffet had an interesting selection but could have been better if the food had been hot. Breakfasts were good although some items were limited in quantity and the bread tasted like singed earhair.

Overall this was a surprisingly good experience and the lift was a real highlight so 10/10 for the good lift and the lady who smiled whenever a bald man entered the room.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank garthjiffy
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

The rooms are spacious and have a working tv. Free wifi. Balconies are very big and 2nd floor has good views. However the food was very bad and was limited in choice . At the point I didn't even know whether the food they said was vegetarian was even vegetarian.

Stayed: February 2017