Hotels.com
Priceline
Trip.com
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 December 2019 via mobile

Excellent service loveliest family business my mum was a waitress in 1972 very good food excellent service beautifully presented etc etc will be back in better circumstances thank you all for helping me out during my mother's death

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Bryan R
Reviewed 17 October 2019

Staying at Hotel Forte del 48 was by far the best experience I've had in a hotel.The staff are incredibly friendly, attentive and make you feel as if you are home.

Besides the staff, one of the best features of this hotel is the restaurant. Food is authentic and fresh. To this day one of the best restaurants I have ever had the pleasure to eat at.

For the rooms, the beds were very comfy and incredibly tidy. The showers are incredible.

The location is fantastic. It is about 25 minute drive/bus away from the Venice Airport. If you are looking to visit Venice but want a more local feel, I very much recommend to stay at this hotel. The bus station is located a short walk (1km) away. From the bus station, you can easily get to the Airport, train station, or downtown Venice all in under 1 hour. The bus system is very efficient.

My grandmother has been visiting this hotel for over 20 years. Going back to Italy, I would not want to stay anywhere else. Thank you so much for looking after my family.

All this together, the hotel is a real 10/10. San Dona Di Piave is a hidden treasure. I have visited many countries and many hotels, but I doubt to ever find an experience such as this one anywhere else. I am very happy to have had the opportunity to visit.

Room tip: Visit in early-mid October for an amazing fair all throughout San Dona, less than a 2 minute walk away.
Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank Dan B
Reviewed 22 July 2019

In this Hotel rooms are very cute and confy, staff is very gentle and easy to approach. If you need any help, you get it! Last but not least, breakfasts are great: large variety of food-types and very cozy room. To start the day the best way. We loved it I totally recommend.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank indianagots
Reviewed 8 April 2019 via mobile

Clean and quiet rooms, the restaurant at the ground floor is a good choice for dinner. The breakfast was just perfect, hugh and fresh selection. Parking in front of the hotel is also possible and for free.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank PaP313
Reviewed 25 March 2019

If you're in the area and are looking for top quality, traditional, local food served with a smile, this is the place to go. I've been a few times and am never disappointed so it is now my favourite restaurant in San Doná, not only for special occasions, but also for just a simple lunch or dinner.
I've not stayed in the hotel, but cannot fault the service in this family run restaurant. Expect a warm welcome, pleasant ambience, professional staff, varied menu and excellent food (I recommend any of the fish dishes, any of the wines and don't forget a 'sgroppino' to finish, made from their own recipe, which is simple delicious). Prices are reasonable which I consider to be value for money.
Whilst you're there, have a look at the interesting bits and bobs from previous generations in the entrance hall. Enjoy!

Date of stay: March 2019