1,518 results
All reviews pine walk sea view terrace restaurant beautiful hotel waters edge puerto pollensa waiter service gin tonic agatha christie a la carte restaurant half board salad bar outdoor pool sun terrace quiet end year after year evening meal
Reviewed 28 May 2017

After staying at your hotel with my sister last year which was just perfect my partner booked a trip for the two of us 14th May. We had four fabulous nights and yet again blown away with the whole experience. Service , staff, food, and setting all second to none - we certainly don't want to holiday anywhere else. I am lucky to be coming again with my sister at the end of September- cant wait!

2  Thank PeterB578
Hotelillador I, Director General at Hotel Illa d'Or, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Dear Peter B,

Thank you for this excellent review and for having repeated with us. That demostrates that our efforts, professionalism and quality of food and service convinced you not only once but twice so thanks again on behalf of the whole team.

Waiting for welcoming you once more in September!!

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

A poor weather forecast for the uk led to a last minute booking for Mallorca. We were lucky to end up in this lovely hotel which clearly has a loyal clientele. Beautifully appointed it's in a great location at the north end of the bay with a fantastic seaside bar. The stuff are all excellent. The service they extended to us was first class even when arriving at 2am after flight delays. A problem probably outwith their control led to a room move which turned out to be quite an upgrade at no extra charge. If you're going to Mallorca this is a great place to stay. The scenery is spectacular too.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotelillador I, Director General at Hotel Illa d'Or, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Dear JW2309,

What a nice coincidence indeed, this bad weather combined with a last minute offer!

I'd really like to thank you for this excelent review hoping that it won't be the last time we welcome you.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

Overall we enjoyed our stay and would certainly return. The standard doubles are adequate but the tiny bathroom left a lot to be desired – the suite was dated and in need of a refurb. Next time we would need to upgrade. However the standard of cleaning was very good.

The waiting staff were all excellent, friendly and efficient – especially in the Sunset Bar at all times of day, where we also ate lunch twice, and it was of a very high standard but reasonably priced for the quality and location. We would particularly like to mention Joan on the Help desk in reception – he was very genuine and extremely helpful.

We were staying on a B & B basis (breakfast is good) and chose to have dinner in the hotel only once. The standard was not as high as we had expected, and I felt particularly rushed (we were on the 8.30 sitting), as the second I had laid down my fork from my starter (the waiter had been hovering), my main course was put down, which is not the way I choose to eat in any standard of establishment!
Other than that, this is a beautifully situated, well run hotel, so I will still give it full marks for quality.

1  Thank Susan C
Hotelillador I, Director General at Hotel Illa d'Or, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Dear Susan C,

Thank you very much for your very positive reviews and very instructive comments that I will definitely use to improve our service.
Hoping to see you again soon,

Reviewed 20 May 2017

This is a beautiful seafront hotel with an incredibly peaceful atmosphere which envelops you as soon as you set foot inside. There is a lovely 1930's vibe about the place, apparently Agatha Christie once stayed here, and the decor is immaculate. Staff are friendly and attentive and were able to offer good suggestions for hiking trails. The seafront terrace is a lovely place to have a sun downer and it is a delightful stroll into town along the pine walk.

Date of stay: April 2017
3  Thank ArcticHare

Dear ArcticHare,

Thank you for your excellent review and yes indeed Agatha Christie even wrote a book about Puerto Pollensa and mentioned the Illa d'Or without naming it!

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

While staying nearby we went with friends to celebrate my partners birthday and went to the Illa d'Or for lunch and chose the more formal terrace. What a Brillant idea the setting is second to none, food deliciousl.service excellent even the price was more than acceptable. Compared to some restaurants in the area it certainly was value for money.. so much so we returned the next week!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Pyper2,

Thank you so much for your very positive review. It's really helping us to keep giving our best everyday to our guests so thanks again.

See you next week with a great pleasure!