“Restaurant without menu and no disappointment”
Review of Le Petit Monde

Le Petit Monde
Ranked #5 of 22 Restaurants in Ayas
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2018

I can say this is the best authentic Italian meal I have ever had. The restaurant is located inside a campsite on the hill. We booked on the same day for 10 people without ordering any food in advance and without any expectation. Upon we sat down, the host, Enrica, greeted us in Italian, then food started coming. The 1st dish is homemade soft cheese,followed by homemade breads, homemade salami, beef carpaccio, veal with sour cream sauce, stir fried self-grown porcini, grilled bell pepper with sundried tomato and anchovy, cooked salami (yes, cooked, 1st time for us to try cooked salami!), homemade ravioli, dessert……………the food seems non-stop coming. Most of the food are self-grown and homemade, including the wine! All of them were so fresh and tasty. Since we were the only customers that night, we could eat freely, chat and laugh for the whole night:) Enrica is very friendly and welcoming. Although we don’t have a common language (she speaks Italian and we speak English), we were able to communicate by using simple English, body language, and gestures. We were all very satisfy and full that night, and very anxious as well because we wouldn’t know what would be served next!

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 13 July 2018

Arnaque totale!!! We went 1 hour out of our way to get to this so-called "amazing", "bijoux" of a restaurant. After reading all the positive reviews I thought there's no way it could miss. I felt totally disgusted and ripped off in the end! $$$$ 90 Euros for a meal for 2 adults and 2 children?!!! When we had no wine and no dessert??? $$$$$ My husband wouldn't let me go back but I left cursing and the owner came out and asked if we wanted to take the rest of what we didn't eat with us...no thanks, it really wasn't even good enough to take home. We almost didn't enter at all when we saw the disgusting trailer park that's right in front...little cabanas with tiny trailers in front- never seen anything like it! We looked past that because of the glowing reviews here. If that wasn't enough, the menu is written on a paper bag with no prices. We really only wanted a main dish but at the suggestion of the owner, we took a plate of charcuterie and cheese to share - nothing earth-shattering, just ok. She also brought out some things for us to taste...a salad that was basically canned potatoes, green peas and carrots with a ton of mayonnaise, some fried onions (what we were supposed to do with them I don't know) and some unidentifiable cheese spread with herbs - totally inedible. These were in enormous bowls that had probably been on other tables during the day as well. My kids both ordered the roast beef and potatoes, which I thought would be real roast beef, not just cold cuts, but that's exactly what it was, cold cuts. Our main dishes were the gnocchi fondu and the lasagna...both of which were average at best. The lasagna had almost no meat, but a crap-load of cheese!! impossible to eat the whole thing. I really doubt the gnocchis were homemade like everybody raved the food is here, but who could tell under all that cheese. They were probably just store bought.
I hate to sound like a snob, but if these reviews are from the people staying at the trailer parks...Maybe I could understand the amazing reviews...but there's no f*cking way in hell they charged them the prices they charged us!!!! If this food was really as amazing as all the people said, I would gladly pay the price for it...but we're not talking Michelin stars here people!!! This is very rustic average food at best!!!!

So, in conclusion....Please don't let yourself be taken for a fool like we did!!! If you have ever eaten in a "good" restaurant, you'll know this isn't one!!! Find any other place to eat!!!
SHAME ON YOU TRIP ADVISOR!!!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

The execution of the regional cuisine (Piemontese) is from average to good. In general the dinner is a bit overpriced when compared to similar places in Antagnod.
As starters, excellent tomini (soft cheese), salami and carne cruda (raw meet). Average mushroom, fried zucchini blossoms and red peppers.
As desserts, good panna cotta and average tiramisù.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

Incredible food experience. Wonderful service and amazing authentic home cooked dishes served by the proud sweet hosts who cannot stop offering more and more tasty delights. Unmissable when you are in the area!!

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

The service was amazing, we were welcomed and greeted enthusiastically. Food was plenty and delicious, given in large and satisfying amounts. A very good typical Italian restaurant. Coming back for sure. 5 well deserved stars.

Date of visit: July 2015