All reviewsowners and stafftile worka lovely staythe entire staffother gueststake homethe kitchen staffsights and soundswhole wheat breadthoroughly enjoyed our staysurrounding mountainsawesome placein townpiece of paradisebeautiful groundsfull body massageamazing views
Reviewed 21 November 2017

I was here for 1 week. The food and the preparation is exceptional. The staff are so friendly and attentive. My room was clean and welcoming. I enjoyed my stay and would always stay here if given another opportunity.
It's hard to say what I liked the best,,,,I would say the food.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 November 2017

My room was outstanding (#20). It was quiet and clean and has fantastic views of the surrounding mountains. I loved spending time in my personal hammock on my private balcony. The owners and staff are absolutely fantastic and very accommodating. They sincerely care about your happiness and needs and make sure everything is good. I really enjoyed the breakfasts outside on the terrace and the food here is quite good. I had an upset stomach one day and they made me a nice pot of ginger, lime and honey tea (all fresh, of course). It really did the trick. I highly recommend Madre Tierra and I can't wait to come back again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

This is a beautiful resort with well maintained facilities and grounds. Breakfast is included in the rates and is served on an outdoor terrace with a view of the mountains across the valley and with mellow new age music playing. The staff speak English and are very helpful and friendly. There are outdoor tables with chairs and nearby hammocks for guests to enjoy. (It was great reclining in the hammock to read and for watching the sunset change colors.). There is hot (not just warm) water both in the shower and in the sink. Generally, it is a very pleasant place to stay.

Three things bothered me:. 1) The shower area had only screen wire on the window and was right by the entrance to another room. The first night, a couple stayed in that room, and other friends of theirs stayed upstairs. The ones from upstairs kept coming, knocking on the door, and standing there carrying on conversations off and on. It was like they were knocking on my door and talking directly to me! 2) Although it is true that it is a 15-20 minute walk into town, the resort is set maybe half a kilometer (quarter of a mile) off the main highway on an unpaved, dusty road with quite a bit of traffic. Walking that 3-4 minute stretch is unpleasant. 3) Their guidelines request that you be spare in your use of the WiFi. They really don't want you to do much beyond email and checking maybe a webpage for news and tell you how to purchase more time via companies in town. They appeal to you to be considerate of the WiFi needs of other guests. It isn't pleasant to have to worry about all that.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 September 2017

We had the big king suite with it's own balcony. Beautiful view of the mountains and tropical landscape. All of the staff were wonderful. The food was excellent. I miss that hot "salsa". Peter and Gail made us feel right at home. I would go back in a heart beat! It was definitely the best vacation We have ever had.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Peter A, Owner at Madre Tierra Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2017

Thanks vkaranicas,
You and your husband were here on our spa special and took advantage of the great value in that package. We appreciate your support and this great review. We do not exist without our guests. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Wonderful resort with excellent amenities.
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay here from the warm welcome, through dinner and the spectacular view from our room!
The bed was comfortable and the bathroom well appointed with great hot shower I didn't want to leave!
Lovely terrace with hammock to relax in :)
Dinner was very tasty and we enjoyed a good breakfast too.
Didn't enjoy the steps up to our room but without them we wouldn't have such fabulous views!
Also had two visiting spider - one rather large(!) - not the resorts fault of course ;)

Room Tip: The higher your room, the better the view
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Peter A, Owner at Madre Tierra Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Thanks for taking the time to review our little paradise and to add photos! The team and I are happy you had a good experience here. It sounds like our food was enjoyed also. Blessings on your travels until we see you again.