All reviews owners and staff tile work a lovely stay the entire staff other guests take home the kitchen staff sights and sounds whole wheat bread thoroughly enjoyed our stay surrounding mountains awesome place in town piece of paradise beautiful grounds full body massage amazing views
Reviewed 16 June 2017

From the warm welcome I felt at home straight away and I enjoyed fabulous days, meeting interresting people from all over the world, being looked after with such a genuine openmindedness. I although can recommend the spa treatments. In the evenings, under widely coloured skies, the night falling in I took my daily refreshening swimm in the pool.......Thanks to everybody involved for these lovely days!

Room Tip: a great variety of rooms available, so everybody can have his own favourite, great choice and great views everywhere!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 June 2017

We had such a peaceful, rejuvenating 7 day stay at Madre Tierra! The meals were so good and healthy that we hardly wanted to eat anywhere else. Our room was spacious, clean and very well decorated with stunning views. The entire staff was friendly and helpful and the grounds were beautiful and very well maintained. We got to enjoy some spa time too....amazing massages!! We were looking for a relaxing South American vacation where we could visit local towns, hike, feel safe and be a part of the culture and Vilcabamba/Madre Tierra was exactly that! It way exceeded our expectations. Thank you Peter, Gail, Allison and Staff for helping make our first trip to South America unforgettable.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

This was my second time at Madre Tierra. 4 days total. I'm had a massage every day. The massage therapists are wonderful. The meals are delicious. The rooms I've had - 16 & 18 where both great. I feel very at home here. The staff will do everything they can to make your stay the best

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2017

My wife and I have been travelling around South America and mainly in Peru and Equador. We had been in Cuenca for 4 weeks and felt we needed a 'nature' change. A friend recommended Vilcabamba and Madre Tierra. The staff were fantastic, the hotel is unique, colourful clean and in a beautiful spot overlooking the mountains. We shouted ourselves the 3 hour total spa package and this was simply amazing, totally worth it, thank you Gloria, we will miss you!! the kitchen staff, housekeeping and Edwardo at the front desk attained our every need. Thanks everyone. All in all a great very relaxing stay. We will come back when we can.
Possibly my only constructive suggestion is maybe its time to invest in a new batch of towels. They were spotlessly clean but starting to show age.

Room Tip: we chose room 5, great hammock and views but I think they all have that.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2017

The staff was wonderful. Facilities and rooms very comfy. Good restaurant. The owners and staff worked hard to make our stay a nice one. The location is out of town, but with a short walk and great views. We will be back.

Room Tip: Hard to go wrong with the rooms. There are a couple that would be considered backpacker rooms, but they are priced accordingly.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple