All reviews walking distance pigeon point minute walk store bay common areas visit tobago perfect location other guests bars and restaurants pleasant stay checking out guesthouse andrew attic dorm beaches airport
Reviewed 2 August 2018

Very pleasant house, in a lovely neighborhood, at walking distance from airport and really nice beaches. So just very convenient. Also, even though I stayed in the mixed dorm, when I was there there were few people so that there was plenty of privacy and silence anyways. I was looking for the cheapest option in Tobago, for just a couple of nights, and this was totally worth it. Andrew is very nice and gave many helpful recommendations to get around!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank Juliana P
Reviewed 24 July 2018

One of the best places you can stay in at Tobago. Andrew is super-friendly. Private parking, late check-in, fresh mango from his yard... Andrew also organized a trip for me around the Island, showed me the secret waterfalls. Beside that, he called his friends, who runs the scuba-diving and arrange a term for me there. You can ask him pretty much everything, what is a good restaurant, which beach is the best to go...
He has multiple options from dorm to private room. I hope I'll have a chance to visit Tobago once again and stay at Candles in the Wind.
Highly Recommended!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
6  Thank Misut_cz
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Best folks on the island! Very comfy and secure in a quiet neighbourhood that's a stone's throw away from all the action. Even treated me to mangoes,chocolate, curry and a ride to the airport. Toute bagai with plenty love. I'm planning to return soon.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
6  Thank nikita565
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed at CIW with my friend for 5 nights and had no complaints, the owner is friendly, helpful and always available to the guests, even driving us to the airport at 12 in the morning. He ensured we knew where everything could be found in the house and was even willing to drive by friend to the airport for a very reasonable price. The appliances all worked so we were able to prepare meals and enjoy the stay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
5  Thank Daniel L
Reviewed 6 June 2018

Stayed here with my daughter last month and had a great time! Andrew was a lovely host, very welcoming and generous. He took us on a quick tour when we arrived, where we tried our first coconut! He also very kindly took us to see the bioluminescent plankton, which unfortunately we didn't see, but thank you all the same :)
Candles is in a great location, with lots of great shops, bars and restaurants nearby; its close to the beach too. The rooms are simple and comfy and there is good wifi service.
Hope you're keeping well and thank you for having us, Andrew!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family