All reviews walking distance pigeon point minute walk store bay common areas visit tobago perfect location other guests bars and restaurants pleasant stay checking out guesthouse andrew attic dorm beaches airport
Reviewed 26 November 2017

Andrew is a fantastic host, very friendly and open to help you out with anything. For the majority of my time there, I was the only guest (mid-Nov is not a busy time for tourists). The house is massive, extremely clean and well-kept. Fantastic location, ~10 min walk to Store Bay Beach, great place to relax all day and watch the sunset. ~25 min walk to Pigeon Point. Less than 5 min walk from the main strip, plenty of food and nightlife. My only criticism is that 16-bed attic dorm room (where I stayed) should be less than $25 US/night. I had a 6-bed dorm room in Buccoo (WITH a/c, a locked door, no mosquito nets needed) for $18/20 US to compare. I understand that the location may increase the price, but the attic beds are quite cheap and simple. $25/night is too much.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
8  Thank Daniel C
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

We arrived at Andrew's house in the evening and already knew we were in for an amazing few days in Tobago. He was incredibly welcoming, knowledgeable, and kind.

The room was well-kept, comfortable, and clean. There is an amazing balcony and ample room in common areas. The location is central and convenient.

But what really sets this place apart is Andrew, the host. He took us on a tour of the entire island and showed us all of the best sights along the way. He's honestly one of the best hosts I've ever had in years of traveling the world.

We'd be back in an instant--cannot recommend this place enough!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
12  Thank Sam L
Reviewed 7 October 2017

I stayed in Candles for 5 nights and was a very nice experience.
I was alone but had the Andrew's company everyday to riding, snorkeling or chating. He is very nice and friendly. This make me have a happy traveling.
The hostel is simple but clean and comfortable. I could cook, rest and feel like home.
I believe that there is no best place location to be in Tobago. It's in Crown Point and I could go to Pigeon Point and Store Bay walking and take the boat to Buccoo there also.
There's a lot of bars around for whose that are looking for a night experience. You can find grocery, restaurants and farmacy, all close to there.
Very good place, I recommend for sure.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
8  Thank Mariana M
Reviewed 20 September 2017

We had 4 nights in this guesthouse and we felt home from the first moment. The location is in walking distance to the beach and restaurants, even to the airport in Crownpoint.

There was only the two of us at the time but that did not matter because we were so well taken care of. Andrew provided us with extra information about everything and he helped us when we needed, he even made sure that the scooter we had rented was returned and drove us to the airport at 6 am.

Addition, we stayed in the attic and that could be very hot and maybe loud if there is a big group of people staying there.

Room Tip: The attic was warm and that is shared with many people.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
10  Thank 41linaa
Reviewed 23 April 2017

Andrew's place is great! It is in the heart of Crown Point. Restaurants, bars and the beach are steps away. Pigeon Point Heritage Park is a 12-15 minute walk. Andrew is very welcoming and helpful. I would definitely stay at Candles in the Wind when in Tobago again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo