At a first glance, Bananaquit apartments seemed like a nice little getaway in Tobago. We were greeted by a staff member who made an effort to check us in early. However, the said staff member gave us an upgrade we did not request. (If this is considered an upgrade, I'm afraid to see what the intended room was) As we entered the room, we quickly became esconced. I went to shower, and realized the curtain was covered in mildew. It was inherently clear no effort was made to clean the bathroom. The view from our bathroom featured abandoned cars, soiled water tanks, and deb. The bathroom faucet took excessive force to operate, and at times failed to provide hot water. The kitchen was equally disappointing. My fiance attempted to prepare dinner in honor of our first night in Tobago. She was unpleasantly surprised to discover that the pots/pans were highly oxidized. (Rusted) In addition, when she attempted to prepare food on the "stove", the electric "burner" sparked and took considerable time to heat up. Because this is experience was so time consuming and risky, we just settled for carryout.
To further contribute to our dissappointment, our towels were not refreshed on a daily basis. We were forced to use the same ones for at least four days consecutively. We noticed that housekeeping did not have a consistent schedule, and made very little effort to accommodate our needs. (Only emptied the trash once at end of our stay or I guess when they feel like it.)
Needless to say, I could not imagine staying at this property again. As someone who travels frequently, this accommodation has no chance at passing a basic health inspection. The bathrooms are dated, ants were rampant, and the kitchen utterly dispicable. To make matters worse, the staff member we dealt with ensured we would receive a full refund for one night considering our ordeal. We received half, in addition to an email from the hotel full of falacies, empty promises, and insincere
apologies. The individual who wrote the letter suggested "we should return." Mark my words I would never return to this establishment. The staff's inability to meet our simple needs/communicate and the property's desperate need of renovation is truly unbelievable. To the masses, there's way better accomodations in Tobago, do not squander your money here. This hotel is overpriced and makes guest feel wholly unappreciated. Moral of the story, spend your time at a guest house that acutally values their guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bananaquit is conveniently located in the Crown Point area. A peaceful haven in the hub of activity for those seeking more personal interaction than larger resorts. The property offers a variety of self catered rooms with or without kitchenettes, with onsite restaurant and bar. All within walking distance of beaches, bars, restaurants, groceries and entertainment for the whole family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bananaquit Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bananaquit Apartments Hotel Crown Point
- Bananaquit Apartments Tobago/Crown Point