All reviews store bay walking distance storebay beach pleasure of staying minute walk living room rachel airport beaches utensils units
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We stayed at Bananaquit for a weekend in May after a long and tiring period of research. I'll say that everything said about the location is true: it's very comfortable - you can walk to the airport, the shops and most importantly, Store Bay!

The studio room we stayed in was small, clean and very cosy and the cupboards were stocked with necessary utensils for a self-catering stay. There is a mango tree in the garden outside the apartments and at night, the coloured lights strung on it add a welcoming touch. The lawn area is also well-lit.

Any problems that arose were dealt with promptly during our stay and we appreciated that. My only bone to pick was initially being asked to pay $50 more than the price at which the room had been advertised - that was promptly fixed, though.

I think after reading so many stellar reviews I was expecting to be blown away and was not - it's a cosy place and I'm not complaining about it but I thought my stay there would be more than it was. Overall, though, it's a structure worth visiting.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sam_Adventure
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I spent a week ther with my bf. it was really cosy and comfortable. everything was within walking distance which made it very convenient to buy groceries, go to bars,etc. no need to hire any expensive taxis. which was the mistake i made when i arrived. it is within walking distance from the airport so if you didnt travel too heavy. perfect place if u wanna just relax with the bf and have nice dinners together, that u can cook lol. the service is very good too. when I arrived the refridgerator was not working properly I spoke to the owner about it and he came immediately with a handy man and had it fixed.

Room Tip: loft rooms were the cosiest
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bunny s
Rachel B, General Manager at Bananaquit Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us.

As you mentioned we do have a Duty Manager on site, simply to solve situations as you mentioned once brought to our attention.

I,m glad you enjoyed your stay and hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Bananaquit.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 weeks in March 2012. It is situated in a great location, about 5 minutes from the airport and 5-10 mins from the beach. Please don't let the airport put you off as they only have two international flights a week so you don't hear any planes! There is a mini mart 2 minutes walk away and restaurants, cash machine and laundrette about 5 minutes walk down the road.

Rachel and Catherine were both very helpful and friendly and could not do enough for us. The room itself was basic and clean. This is not a 5* hotel so if you are looking for luxury I would look elsewhere. If you are just looking for somewhere to lay your head then this is very reasonably priced and adequate. The room we had, room 10, had a small kitchenette, shower room and balcony and a mezzanine floor where the bed is. I like this lay out as any sand or muck you bring in to the room gets washed off before you go anywhere near your bed.

There is a pool which belongs to the neighbouring hotel which you can use. We were often the only ones using it and it is a nice clean pool only 15 seconds walk. To be honest with the huge amount of beach to choose from we did not spend a lot of time here.

We paid 400TT a night (this is cheaper than normal rates as we were there 3 weeks, about £40) and for us it was fine.

To be honest I would not rave about this place but I would not complain about it. It was the location and the people that made this place and in Tobago good service is not something to be sniffed at because it is often very hard to find even in the most expensive hotels. The rooms were clean and basic which is all we wanted.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank louise_ts
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Very comfortable stay at Bananaquit. The studio room was clean and tidy. It was just the right size with enough space to walk around. The kitchenette was stocked with all the utensils. It also had a neat counter where you can sit and eat. The little patio set up outside the apartment was great with the little garden view. The location of Bananaquit is also very convenient as it is only a 5 min walk to Storebay junction, basically you can walk from Bananquit to anything in the area (food places, beach, airport, park, bike rental place, car rental place). It was really quiet even though the main road is right out front. Owners were really friendly and professional. Only one thing that I think should be amended is a bit more parking space. Other than that great place to stay and affordable.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarita E
Reviewed 20 April 2012

My family and I enjoyed our stay, especially my sons. It was clean, quiet and spacious enough. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. My only problem was having to share the pool with the family resort (not a resort). The pool was not inviting so we just enjoyed Tobago's waters.

Room Tip: Guess you need to consider if privacy would be an issue.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family