“Birthday Dinner done right”

Kariwak Village Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Crown Point
Price range: US$0 - US$50
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Three of us took a friend out to dinner for her birthday at Kariwak and what a delight it was! The restaurant is beautifully appointed under an Ajoupa roof and the light shades are local graters!

The dinner menu changes every night depending on what fresh produce is available. For our visit we were treated to callaloo soup, carrot salad, and an entree of sword fish lightly curried, rice, green beans and spicy eggplant.

Dessert was coconut ice cream with chocolate cream pie and pineapple upside down cake. Nuff said! Could not get better than that.

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

I’ve been staying at Kariwak Village for the past week. The food has been delicious local fare. Breakfast in the morning involves a fresh fruit plate, tea, coffee, juice, homemade yogurt, and some sort of main (omelette, eggs any style, fried fish, etc). Getting a half order of the spice tea and mixing a bit into each cup of coffee gave me the caffeine boost I needed, but the spice I was craving. I have ordered the local special for lunch each day and that has been excellent. Other guests ordered salads or grilled cheese on a day when there was a group of 30 or so dining at the restaurant and their food took forever while my coconut fish came out very quickly. Dinner on Friday and Saturday is buffet, but somehow even that can take a while if you’re waiting for drinks, dessert, etc. Overall, the food is great but you should budget extra time just in case!

On Saturday, the local band played and that was a great time. I enjoyed that atmosphere a bit more than I enjoyed Sunday School the next day. The Kariwak Players were just more engaging!

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Thank you for make my girlfriend night 100 and we have so much fun . We will be back a 2nd time ...... the food was on port keep it up...

Reviewed 15 November 2017

We went there for breakfast on our last day on the island. It's little paradise on it's own. Everything is so calming & serene there. The food was good & the service was excellent.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

Went to the restaurant for dinner. Was not disappointed, the selection was good and presentation was excellent....wine prices again on the high side this is with most restaurants in Tobago. So if you don't fancy paying the high price stick with the cocktails and local beer . Would certainly return.