All reviews luxury pressure pool tents fans wifi lodge
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the lodge and the tents for three days, and overall I really enjoyed my stay.

The room were airy and were well stocked with bottles of mineral water, coffee and tea. All the staff was very friendly and attentive to my needs.

I enjoyed night swims at the pool and the dinners were amazing and well prepared.

The lodge team also organised for me trips to Tsavo East and West and a  trip to the boarder which I enjoyed.

I really enjoyed my stay and it was worth the money i paid for.I look forward to coming back to this pleasant place.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Tom M, Owner at Impala Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Thank you for your objective review. We always endeavour to make our guests happy and comfortable. We have embarked on a number of programmes to this effect and we look forward to welcoming you back in your next visit to Tsavo.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

I stayed overnight while in transit and have mixed feelings about the place. I really wanted to love it. We were a family of four including a teenager and a toddler. While it is a decent place for a transit, my family felt it was not worth the money we paid for it.
The pool was a decent size for exercise and luxury and that was the best part. However, the water was not completely clear when we got there though not totally dirty. Just felt used. The toddler enjoyed the decent sized baby pool and it had safety rails which was excellent.
For our size of the family, the tent proved to be a little snug. Though for a couple it would be an adequate size. I did get a little claustrophobic in the one I saw and so we opted for the apartments.
The furniture in the apartments are well worn, there is no fridge there so the yoghurts I had carried for my child went bad. I saw fridges in the tent though... the apartment was decently clean and they provided basic shower facilities including shower caps which was nice. However, the bathtub in the master bedroom had no stopper so we could not use the bath, the shower head sprayed water all over and without a shower curtain this was not practical and so we all ended up using the one common shower which I must admit was good enough, good pressure and volume of water. There was also adequate hot water.
The room temperature was however a problem. The fans were not strong enough and given the kids needed silence i had to switch them off. We all slept with the doors wise open and the corridor fan on. It was not a comfortable night due to this but manageable.
The tv had limited channels and the toddler had nothing to watch. They are the old kind so some static was present. The wifi was however great so fortunately we could stream our other gadgets.
Food was basic and ok. Loved their vegetable soup. Made fresh. Not too much to say here as this was not a key focus area of mine.
Overall, the facility could use some renovation. Staff were great at responding to requests and the management was veru warm and accommodating. For one night its great but don't expect too much entertainment thereafter. Especially if you have kids.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Nice and cosy place with convenient tents and outstanding friendly and helpful staff. Relaxing at the pool, great open air restaurant and barbeque area and perfect located to visit Tsavo east or west, just 10 minutes from Travo East maingate Voi.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Tom M, Owner at Impala Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Thank you for choosing Impala for your holidays.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Very safe and quiet. I shared apartment A with my two colleagues. They had a breeze on their side so recommend the rooms facing the restaurant. On my side there was no breeze and the fan was noisy so I bought one from town. Rooms were comfortable. Staff friendly. Laundry service was prompt and v good.

I was disappointed at the time it took to prepare the dinner but by the third day we realised to order in advance. My other complaint was that the waiter didn't pay attention when I ordered grilled fish for lunch and for dinner. The chef prepare fried fish which I hate. If they sort out the time it takes to prepare the food and pay attention to what I'm ordering my experience would have been perfect.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2017

The manager went an extra mile for us when we arrived very tired at late hours.
The lodge has a big restaurant with a fire place and a swimming pool. The spacious tents are well equipped like rooms with a good bed, nice bathroom with shower and a cozy verandah where we could have dinner. Some of the experienced staff are very friendly and efficient.
The entrance of Tsavo East National Park, with an amazing landscape and wild animals, like elephants, hippos, crocs, waterbucks, dikdiks, warthogs, giraffes, etc. is right around the corner.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Management response:Responded 20 July 2017

We thank you for having taken the time to give us an evaluation of your stay and giving us a perfect rating,we take pride in attending to our customers’ needs in the best way possible and having a satisfied guest. It’s nice to know that our staff helped you enjoy your stay and we hope to have you back soon as a guest of our hotel.