“A present from Groupon”

Ranked #27 of 57 Restaurants in Lutterworth
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 April 2018

We were bought a voucher for Christmas
We had a good food and service was average not many people dining no atmosphere

1  Thank michael1234735

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

We had the most beautiful food when we visited. Really tasty and fresh and such a busy little place, I'd suggest ringing to book a table as it does get busy.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

We have loved Cheioks for many years and we are regulars at the Oadby Cheikos and we have previously dined at the Lutterworth Cheikos,the first meal we had there in 2015 was absolutely excellent and it was run by Cheiko's son, and the whole evening was excellent.

So we were down this way on Thursday and because it was my wife's birthday I decided to go to Cheikos, we checked out the menu on line and we was blown away by the menu so we decided to book, my wife then said to me that she remembered seeing a Group-on deal online and that would go along way towards the cost so I found the deal online and purchased it.

When we got to Cheikos there was about 3 other couples in, we were greeted like old friends but I did not recognise the waiter that was on from out last visit, I showed the waiter the group on deal and his attitude completely changed like we were some low life scum, we scanned the menu but because we had already looked on line we knew what we wanted, my wife ordered the Avacado Alysine and I wanted the Fresh Sardines, but the waited said sorry we do not have Sardines on today, I said oh well thats a shame so my back up plan was the Moules Marinere, whilst waiting for the food my wife was looking around the restaurant saying how tired it looks now compared to our last visit which I agreed, she then pointed out to me that there was a broken glass underneath the table next to us, not wanting me to step on it, she called the waiter over thinking that he may not have noticed it so politely old him and showed him, to which his response was yes I saw it a customer broke it earlier but not had time to pick it up as he was on his own, can I point out at this stage there was only 3 couples in but anyway he walked away and just left it on the floor, I'm not talking about just a cracked glass I am talking about a shattered glass with lots of pieces.

So we continued to wait for him to come back,whilst waiting my wife went up to the special board and came back to inform me that they do have Sardines as they are on the special board but because we was on a group on deal that did not include them, I would have paid a supplement for them but was not given the option to do so, which I thought was very bad customer service.

So for main course my wife wanted the Bistecca Italiano but with the option of the Fillet steak at what we believed to be as per our Group on voucher an extra £4.00 supplement , I explained to the rude waiter that I would pay the extra £4.00 as stated on our voucher to which he said sorry that is wrong and the supplement is actually £8.95 for fillet so 100% increase, I showed him the voucher and he said yes sorry that is wrong and they have printed it wrong, I said how can that be as it is printed, he said that he had told the Group on deal to change it but they hadnt and it had been like that for the last year, which was a bare faced lie.

My this time I was absolutely disgusted with the place, but because it was my wife's Birthday we had little choice to go elsewhere at that time of night so decided to stay for the meal, pay the bill and go.

I had a Pork dish which was supped to be in a blue cheese sauce but there was not a hint of blue cheese in the sauce and it just tasted like nothing so I left Half of it, not once did the waited do any check backs because I would have told him overall he completely ruined my wife's birthday, he was rude and obnoxious.

We are regulars at the Wigston Cheiko's where Cheiko owns and runs it and this unfortunately is nothing like this so we will be telling Chieko the next time we see him.

Ian & Theresa

3  Thank TheresaR2207
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

New to the area and we stumbled across this lovely family fun Italian restaurant. Good service, albeit a little slow but that really doesn’t matter when you are enjoying the wine and relaxing. The food itself was lovely including the complimentary garlic bread. We will definitely return.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

We visited Cheikho's tonight through a Group on deal and we were pleasantly surprised. The food was very tasty and there was a good choice of meals to choose from on the menu. The downside was that we did feel that they were under staffed and need an experienced front of house employee although the food was very nice.