“Magnifique!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint Manvieu Bocage
La Maison du Bocage
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My wife and I have just spent a wonderful week at La Maison du Bocage end of July 2014. The BandB is a very welcoming place to stay. Remy and Debbie are wonderful hosts. The countryside around La Maison is stunning, especially one morning when the early mist was wonderful for photographs. The grounds of La Maison are very child-friendly (although we didn't have any!) - but other children staying at the time were always out in the sandpit or the mini-pool. The only break in the silence is supplied by the countryside sounds of a cockerel and chickens in the run and a donkey adjacent to La Maison,adding to the charm, with the odd car going by. Otherwise very very peaceful. The bedroom was large enough for the two of us, the shower superb and the bed very comfortable, with clean linen and towels provided. Tea and coffee making facilities are in the bedroom, with a small fridge available outside in the corridor. La Maison is excellent as a base for travelling around the superb countryside of Normandie. We went to Avranches, Mont St Michel, Granville, Villedieu de Poeles, Vire, Sourdeval - for example and up to the beaches of Omaha and Arromanches - very moving War Graves at Omaha and Bayeux - also the Bayeux Tapestry is well worth a visit. So much to do and so little time. We had two evening meals with Debbie - both cooked wonderfully well, especially the Boeuf Stroganoff - slow cooked with mashed potato and carrots - beautiful. Well worth asking Debbie to cook for you - we spent most of the day out so did not eat in the evening every night. All in all, one of the best ever B and Bs we have ever stayed at. If you get the chance, stay here, the price is very reasonable and the ambience is wonderful. Oh yes, the black-out blinds are superb for a good night's sleep in absolute darkness. I had no trouble sleeping at all. Read the other reviews, all say the same - go to La Maison du Bocage and have a really enjoyable experience. Many thanks. If we come to the area again then La Maison will be the place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John A

Reviewed 7 June 2014

A beautiful, clean, homely B&B set in stunning countryside. We received a warm welcome with home made cakes & tea. A clean, spacious and peaceful place to stay. Rooms are well equipped with tea/coffee, clean fresh linen & towels, everything you would expect, to a high standard. We had a lovely view from our window over the well kept colourful garden.
The owners are friendly & helpful with an extensive knowledge on best places to visit, local culture & eateries. They sell homemade produce and will make picnics for a lunch out.
A cosy lounge area with a fire on chilly nights and a wide selection of books & DVDs. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here, highly recommended and hope to return in the near future as it is situated in an ideal location, and a great base for exploring places like the Bayeaux tapestry, Mont Saint Michel & the DDay landing beaches & museums.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Debbie and her family were so welcoming! I was a solo traveler and my first night there they asked if I would like to have dinner upon my return from touring. I said yes and they joined me since I was the only one staying at the B&B that night. I was touched by their hospitality. Debbie and Remy are wonderful chefs and you definitely want to say yes to the evening meal. The location was good for exploring Normandy and it was so peaceful. They have a beautiful garden that you are welcome to explore and enjoy. Don't miss Joan of Arc in the dining room!! The room was very clean as well as in en suite. The only downside was that the bed was a bit soft for my taste; I thought the matress might swallow me up. However, that would not deter me for staying her again!! I really enjoyed my time there. I was there in June 2012.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2014

One of the most charming B&B's we've ever stayed at. We used it as a base to explore Normandy with our 3 young children and the location was perfect. Debbie and her family were very welcoming and our children had a wonderful time checking on the animals each morning and night. We were thrilled with the old world charm of the home, the garden, our room and all the little details that were put into the sitting room. Debbie is a charming host with an effervescent personality that will win you over the minute you arrive. We felt welcomed into Debbie & Remi's home, her children even invited ours to play along with them and a few school mates one evening which was such a treat for them. We can't say enough good things about our stay at La Maison du Bocage!

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the gardens and the view was lovely.