“The resort is absolutely breathe taking.Great spot for a wedding, honeymoon,or falling in love.”
Review of Abaka Bay Resort

Abaka Bay Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ile-a-Vache
Haledon, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 January 2012

A team of physician, nurses, and translator travelled to Port Salut for a medical mission. We took the last day of the trip to spent it at ABA KABE.I can't speak for the rest of the team, as for myself it was breathe taking. This Island is truly paradise.I only wish my stay at the resort was longer. I am definately coming back for vacation.
Since i didn't have a chance to meet the the owner, I want to say, THANK YOU for creating a place in Haiti that surpass my expectation.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank MAGALLIE L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Abaka Bay Resort is a little piece of heaven on earth.

My wife and I enjoyed a "mini-moon" vacation to this paradise resort over Christmas. We were met on the dock with a personal greeting, a cold drink and a porter to take our bags. It appears as if someone also took any stress and anxiety we had traveled with and tucked it out of sight.

Our stay allowed us to enjoy long walks on a pristine white sand beach, naps in hammocks beneath palm trees, swimming in the blue green ocean and dancing beneath the stars.

The food was excellent. The staff were helpful. Other guests were friendly. All of this as well as a clean room accented with traditional Haitian decor and the gentle sound of ocean waves as a lullaby came together to create an environment where families, couples, tourists and travelers alike could enjoy on a place of rest and relaxation.

Abaka Bay is a place we will return to again and again!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Martin M
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Pristine desolate beach on an small island 5 hour drive from Port-au-Prince plus a 30 min enjoyable boat ride where we were greeted by the owner at the docks. The property is incredibly charming and the beach is far more superior then the only other hotel on the island. The locals on the island are very friendly and the walk through the town was enjoyable. The service is great and the property is safe, but they do need to improve a bit with sticking to the schedule for meals.. It should also be noted that water is imported to this island from the mainland, so water pressure in showers is very light and sometimes they turn off the water during the day. Plan to bring your own beach towels, but these little voids add to the charm and ideal for travelers who's main intention is to get away and experience a little place of paradise in Haiti :) Would highly recommend.

Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank JetsetAdrienne
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I came here with my husband and my 5-year old stepson for 2 days right before the Christmas season, and we absolutely loved it. Every detail of our stay was handled smoothly and graciously, from booking our accommodations via phone/email to taking a 5am boat back to the mainland in order to make our 7am flight back to Port au Prince.

We stayed in Deluxe Suite #9, a thoughtfully decorated 2-room suite located directly on the beach, and has a beautiful private porch overlooking the water. The suite was a good choice for us, because it had a kingsized bed in the bedoom and a queensized pull-out bed in the sitting area, which my stepson used. You could hear the water from the sitting room, but the bedroom was dead quiet (which is good for people who don't like noise). Air conditioning was almost too cold, but we balanced that out by switching to the big overhead fans at night. The sitting room had a mini-fridge stocked with complimentary bottles of water and a sink. The sink came in handy for washing out sandy bathing suits. There was also a small flat screen tv in the sitting room, as advertised on the hotel's website, but it wasn't connected. I had made sure when booking to ask Dinah if our room had a tv and she said it did not, so I didn't have any problems with this when we arrived. On a similar note, we didn't have problems with the water, except once, when the water in the shower briefly stopped working. The water in the bathroom sink worked, so my husband grabbed our sand pail and did what we do in our house in Port au Prince- took a bucket shower. And my step-son really wanted to ride the jetski and they were all broken- but again, a minor blip in the grand scheme of things (and better for the ecology, to be honest). The food was delicious and plentiful, our stroll to the interior village of Caille Coq was a lot of fun (just by asking around, we scored fresh baked bread, coconut water and perfectly fried, freshly caught fish), and we really enjoyed hanging out with our fellow guests (several of whom were from NY, like myself, and a few were from Port au Prince, like my husband).

It was a real pleasure to stay at such a beautifully planned, maintained and well-staffed Haitian-owned resort. And it gave my step-son the opportunity to experience so many things he's never seen before, living in Port au Prince. Two items at the top of that list would be the fireworks display that took place on Saturday night and the fact that none of the other kids at the resort spoke Kreyol ("tou ti moun pale anglais!!!"). I would love to return next year for New Years Eve.

Room Tip: Deluxe Suites are the perfect choice for people traveling with children or people who don't like...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank greene_ave
Carrefour,Haiti
Reviewed 27 December 2011

What a great way to spend Christmas! Our chrstmas gift to each other was getting away from Port Au Prince area. It is very stressful here in Haiti. So finding a bit of paradise and only 3 or 4 hrs. away was heaven. Everyone was nice and helpful especially the owners. I felt like we had made new friends and I did. Everything is clean (good job Dinah,keep on being picky, you go girl) actually the whole island is quite nicely kept. No cars, motos, NO TRAFFIC!! Food was great! One of the things my husband & I liked most about Abaka Bay was that it was small & private. You weren't fighting people over the beach. I liked the quaintness about it. I didn't feel out of place by there being crowds...cuz there weren't.

Room Tip: Deluxe beach front was awesome,deluxe ocean view is nice too. We had the beach front. Very nicely do...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sharrie T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ile-a-Vache
1.6 km away
144.0 km away
Wahoo Bay Beach Hotel
Wahoo Bay Beach Hotel
#2 of 2 in Carries

Been to Abaka Bay Resort? Share your experiences!