“Great Dive”
Review of Rainbow Divers

Rainbow Divers
Ranked #4 of 18 things to do in Con Son
More attraction details
Owner description: Rainbow Divers have been operating World Class Diver training and guided experiences in Vietnam for almost 20 years now.We are the longest established, award winning and only PADI 5 star CDC + IDC centres around Vietnam. We exclusively teach PADI Courses and continue to set the standards in Vietnam for quality, safety + fun! The diving on Con Dao is considered to be the best in Vietnam. The coral is very impressive and untouched, the marine life is very well protected and there is a chance to see small bamboo sharks, rays, turtles and a whole host of tropical reef fish.We offer a wide range of dive trips and courses, for beginners to advanced and experienced divers. Open between March-September during the good weather.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We went on a trip the Friday after April. 1 diver (me) and one snorkeler (girlfriend). We set up everything via email with Jonathan, he very responsive. We visited 2 separate reefs... both were awesome, saw a great variety of sea creatures huge and small. Very safe and professional outfit with good equipment. Jonathan was a great guide who pointed out lots of cool stuff during the dive.

Date of experience: April 2018
"hoi"
"equipment"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Jon and his team at Rainbow Divers-Con Dao really went out of their way to provide an incredible adventure for me and my family. My wife and daughter had never been snorkeling and I hadn’t been on a dive in 10 years. After a quick, but informative lesson, the next couple of hours were fantastic. We jetted out to Hon Bay Cahn on their speed boat and explored the beautiful, multicolored choral reefs there. What a great first snorkel for my wife and daughter, and an amazing reintroduction to diving for me! I would highly recommend Rainbow Divers and the diving in Con Dao, Vietnam. We’d love to come back!

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank nightwing1701
Reviewed 6 February 2018

I've never done scuba diving before and I don't know how to swim. When we came they showed us a tutorial video that include body language and problem-solving tactics once you're under the water.

There were 3 of us and 2 Spanish who went together that day. Each of our group had an instructor that took us down so basically I just had to adjust myself to the depth and admire the scenic beauty. The first time we went down 6m and the second 9m. The weather that day was a bit windy so the sand was stirred up but it did not really affect our dive. The coral down there was beautiful and the fish colorful. I saw some that looked like Nemo and Gill.

We started in the morning and came back early afternoon. All in all it was a great experience to me. If you can't find them, perhaps it's stormy season so they don't open.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Went to their old site / office and told they had shut down - moved back to Ho Chi Minh City???
Dive , Dive, Dive had also shut down.???
Only dive operator left on the island is Con Dao Dive centre. They are good! ask for Gordon.
The dive sites around the island are sensational. Probably not enough tourists to support three dive companies???

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank Coroona
RainbowDivers, Owner at Rainbow Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

No we have not closed down, but closed, as we always have for the last 10 years, between October till March for the unpredictable weather. This is clearly stated on our website.
Whilst we're closed we always refer divers to Gordon.
We are currently open in Nha Trang, Whale Island (till end of October) and on Phu Quoc Island (till the end of March).
Your review of 1 star is unjustified, in my opinion.