“Convenient location but no more”

Osaka Air Terminal Hotel
Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

Conveniently located and attached to the terminal building. Rooms quite compressed, almost like chicken cages. Even wanted to make me pay in advance. Complimentary Checkout extension (by 1hr) refused. Not recommended for more than 1 night.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

Stayed in a single room for 2 nights. Staff is friendly though they seem a bit like robots with their pre-determined lines. Room is small but clean. Enough room to open up a small suitcase. Flatscreen tv, refrigerator all working fine. Free wifi as well. Bathroom is very small. Functional but not much room for anything. Only 1 bath towel and 1 hand towel. No shower cap. Located inside Osaka Airport terminal which makes travel in and out by plane very convenient. Monorail station 1 min by foot to go into city.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2016

Whenever we need to take early morning flights from Itami airport, we stay at this hotel because it locates in the same builiding where airline's check in counters locate. Their service and price are reasonable. What we like here most beside its location is the cheaper suit case delivery service. We send our suit cases to this hotel not to the delivery service company's counter at the airport terminal. They are in a same building but deliverying to this hotel is cheaper. I don't know why but it makes me happy for gaining something.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2016

We stayed here twice in a space of a few weeks and found it convenient and able to fulfill most of our needs. The first stay was to catch an early morning flight; the second, covering three nights, was because we needed a staging place to organize and pack after five months in Japan.
As an airport hotel it does the job most people would require entirely satisfactorily. One complaint I have is that the hotel website is entirely in Japanese, inexcusable for an establishment located within a major airport that wants to welcome foreign travelers! I gave up trying to fill in the blanks to make a reservation and at last resorted to sending an email with my requirements. That worked fine except that I did not receive the discount offered for web reservations. I wrote to ask about canceling and attempting to rebook (or get upgraded) for the cheaper rate and got this answer:
"Room charge on website is cheaper than regular fee.
It is regular fee by telephone reservation.
But sorry, double rooms and larger rooms on website are full book for
three nights.
We can not upgrade and re-book to get that reduced rate."
I was surprised that they did not offer the discount to a guest who had attempted to book through their website and then used email--not telephone as stated.
Another negative observation relates to the front-desk management. On our first visit a stern-looking manager hovered over a trainee, making her so nervous that she broke out in perspiration and her speech became inaudible. Then this duo trailed us to our room to retrieve the luggage cart, whether because they didn't want it inside the room, or because they were preventing a theft, or in some sort of demonstration to the employee I don't know. But the next visit staff told us we could keep the luggage cart overnight if we wanted and to just leave it in the hall when we were finished.
It seemed that this middle-aged bespectacled gentleman is unable to allow his staff to act on their own and that sometimes he makes up the rules ad hoc. He would emerge and stand behind his staff in surveillance mode for whatever was taking place at the desk. On one occasion an employee had agreed to print an emailed pdf document for ¥30. When I went to retrieve it, the ubiquitous manager appeared and declared "No printing!" He relented after the other staff member explained that he had agreed to do it. (This episode makes the comments of TA reviewer "angzhiping" about getting documents printed free of charge very puzzling.)
While individual staff members were obliging and helpful, they are clearly getting contradictory and inconsistent instructions, confusing to them and to the guests. Overall, I missed the expected and gracious Japanese hospitality at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2015

I got into Osaka around 9pm local time which was 6am my time and was feeling pretty washed up when I checked into the hotel. Very clean room, comfortable bed and very quiet considering it's proximity to the runways. I had some trouble connecting to the wifi and the very helpful young lady at the front desk went and got a new router and tested the connection before leaving. I can't say how nice it is after a long flight to check into a nice clean quiet hotel so close to the baggage claim and have such friendly helpful staff there to deal with all the little problems for you. I was very impressed and when you stay there, get the voucher for breakfast. At 300 yen, it is a great deal and the food was great. I went for the Japanese style myself. 2 thumbs up! I will be staying here the next time I am in Osaka.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toyonaka
Osaka Ariport Station
Hotel A P
Hotel A P
#7 of 7 in Toyonaka
Itami City Hotel
#1 of 1 in Itami
Senri Hankyu Hotel
#3 of 7 in Toyonaka

Been to Osaka Air Terminal Hotel? Share your experiences!