No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
Boyokaku(Amakusa)
  • Pool
Yume Hotaru(Amakusa)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

Return visit. Stayed in Sakura room with private hot spring. Sea view was wonderful. Missed dolphin tour this round due to rain and high tide. Hotel gladly customise kaiseiki to dietary needs. Although they serve plenty of seafood delicacies some tasted fishy especially the abalone. They generously provided lobster the two days but the dinner course was over cooked. I wished they do something to improve the culinary standards as we will be returning. I preferred buffet breakfast with a special set meal over dinner. Service much warmer and friendly compared to many parts of Japan although limited English.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2016

I think I enjoyed pretty much everything about this hotel. All the way from the 270° ocean view (with islands and mountains, not just a slab of blue) to the toilet door (I had never considered before that it could be a work of art).
There is a cafe in the onsen that serves outstanding Nagasaki champon (noodles with vegetables)
The staff were all competent and helpful and every facility was clean and worked.
If I had to think of something I didn't like I suppose I could mention the Spanish looking exterior. So what.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

Nice efficient layout with private outdoor hot spring facing sea with occasional eagle circling above at close range giving a sense of initial fright, followed by flight and later inspiration when you get used to it. Dolphin cruise a must as stated in many reviews..getting to this hotel is however a great challenge and rather expensive. No shuttle bus service though we saw one bus outside. Can try the desert or ice cream inside hotel.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2016

One of my favourite hotels that I have stayed. The room has wonderful view of the sea and we watched sunrise in the morning. The staff are very helpful and recommended us a good place to take a cruise out to see dolphins out in the sea. It was not costly and it's a like a private chartered boat just for the 2 of us. We enjoyed the private onsen too though we have to walk down and climb a flight of staircase. The private onsen has different themes and we visited the different room each day. The food is great and they knew we were staying there for three days and they kept our menu different to allow us to savor different seafood !

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2015

The rooms are a highlight at this hotel. Very quiet and spacious with gorgeous views of the sea and mountains. Our room had its own outdoor private hot bath - heaven! There is also a large onsen up the hill with beautiful views from the outdoor pool. The dining room serves quality food. Recommended.

Stayed: October 2015