“Good Choice For this Area”

BlueBay Coronado Golf & Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Playa Coronado
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

So when we last left you we were at the Manglar Lodge. Now we’re here. at a resort! The facilities here are much better than the Manglar but a lot more expensive. This place has all the things you expect at an all inclusive golf resort, golf, pools, a so-so buffet where you eat, and free drinks, including alcohol. The place just needs a little sprucing up. It looks like the heyday if this place was ten years ago. But everything works. There is a safe in the room for your valuables. If you don’t play golf it’s still nice to walk on the cart path right before sunset when all the parrots are active. It is a bit isolated, although you can walk for 20 minutes and find a decent ex-pat bar called the Picasso Bar and Grill, a gyro place and a convenience store. A $4 can will get you out to the highway where there are a bunch of stores including two big grocery stores.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Planned this trip and had a confusion with transportation from the airport. As I arrived at resort the Chief Concierge Vincente Ortega was so nasty as well as the front staff. Nobody greeted us. He literally attacked me verbally would not listen to anything that I was saying. As a customer who has worked in the customer service field for years I was completely appalled by the treatment I received. We even told him how rude he was to us and how we didn't appreciate it. All he said was he was stressed out. No apology.....ever for the treatment he or the front staff that was with him when we checked in apologized. We felt very uncomfortable passing the front desk whenever we had to and tried to avoid seeing him. The confusion was quickly taken care of and none of Mr Ortega's treatment should've occurred at all. Very disappointing customer service especially from the Chief of Concierge. If that incident did not occurred then I would've been writing a better review.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank marley51808
BBCoronado, Gerente at BlueBay Coronado Golf & Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Dear Mrs. Guest,

I am the Director of Operations of the property, and I'm contacting your regarding your experience with our experienced concierge Mr. Ortega, which is included in this email, what happened with your transportation and your general feedback about our front desk team.
Please, let me start by thanking you for choosing our country and hotel as a destination, and also for taking the time for sharing with the world your feelings, it is very important for us, as a company, and for me as a manager to feel transparency in our brand, every comment that a guest give us let us improve our services, we take as an opportunity. I would have liked to meet you while staying at the hotel, I understand that as an experienced Customer Service person you know that there is always a superior in the structure, but didn’t happen, and surely my help would have been more effective than now but as you deserve it, I’m here facing what is need.
Reviewing the scenario, I already applied the necessary changes in our organization, and uninterested of being disrespectful, I would like to let you know some details that caused by unfamiliarity or unknown you’re not giving the necessary importance. We received your request of a transportation and confirmation on time and we sent a driver who was present 30 minutes before your landing time at the airport, unfortunately the contact between you and the driver never occurred and even we contacted you to let you know you were not located, you decide to use another company services, without letting us know, which is understandable.
Off course, as you understood it, we didn’t charge you the full amount as you never show up while the driver was waiting for you, however, we charged you a representative amount and the hotel covers the difference, please do not understand this as an excuse for the behavior of our concierge, this is just the explanation that you deserve and again, is a situation we completely will manage in a different way in the future.
I’m surprise about your feedback about our front desk staff, which honestly is the department that generally always receive good and positive numbers in our evaluations, however, please excuse any behavior that made you feel uncomfortable, that’s definitely not the standard of our company.
Once again, please excuse any inconvenience we caused.
Best Regards,
The Management

Reviewed 13 July 2017

The folks at BlueBay Coronado Beach and Golf Resort have put a lot of thought into this immaculate, well-maintained property.

The gigantic swimming pool, and another one that was mostly just for show, had plenty of chairs -- even some that sat in the water. The fitness room was outstanding, although I preferred walking the neighboring golf course when it wasn't busy. The grounds and the restaurant were almost always spotless. The rooms were spacious with big, flat-screen TVs including at least 30 channels -- and even a few non-Latin movie channels.The food, although virtually the same every day, was fine. There was plenty of variety for anyone's tastes. The mini-fridge was always stocked with a 1-liter bottle of water, which was nice.

First, it should be mentioned that BlueBay Beach and Golf Resort is not located on the beach. The beach is a few miles away. The hotel will gladly and quickly shuttle people to the private beach and it is well worth the minor hassle. The beach club is well stocked (swimming pool, restaurant, two bars) and the black-sand beach is wonderful. Some days I had the beach virtually to myself.

I visited during a nine-day stretch in the so-called "down" season and often had the pool virtually to myself. The resort filled up over the weekend, mostly with locals and their families.

Here are a few suggestions for improvements: (1) The music at the pool was played at blaring levels with the same songs repeating over and over. At the same time, the pool bar cranked out its own music, making the surroundings quite noisy. (2) Communication at the hotel could be better. One night at the assigned dining time (7-10 p.m.), the restaurant was completely dark. No one had bothered to mention that a concert was being held at the other side of the resort and dinner was moved there. A talent show with local children was held on the grounds, but it wasn't advertised at all and the only way I found out about it was a traffic jam leaving the resort. (3) Some of the staffers at the resort spoke little if any English. I managed to befriend a front-desk clerk who helped greatly.

I did not play golf, but during my daily walks it appeared that there were more maintenance workers than golfers on the course. The course is highly rated and costs $70 for 18 holes, an additional $20 if you need to rent clubs.

Panama is a wonderful, diverse country with many natural wonders. Coronado is an hour south of Panama City and taking several excursions from the resort is not feasible. While I did take a 5-hour tour of the Panama Canal that included a boat ride and a tram ride above a rain forest, in hindsight I might have rented a vehicle and hopped from hotel to hotel to see more of the country. Maybe the next time. ...

All in all, my experience at the BlueBay was satisfying and achieved its purpose of a blissful, relaxing week.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
BBCoronado, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at BlueBay Coronado Golf & Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Dear guest, for our management is gratifying that our customers spend few minutes to rate the experience that we provide in our BlueBay Coronado Golf & Beach Resort. As it can’t be different, we will coach each of our employees not only know, but to understand the importance of your comments. Thanks for your rating and feel free to visit us again.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

I was there on july 4th I checked in and no one at front desk informed there was no hot water. THAT night when I called front desk they finally let me no there would be no hot water for a few days. When I checked out I asked for manager he was in meeting I called back and talk to mr castro he offered to give 30percent off that was insult since they took my money and they new there was no hot water on top of this the food is terrible. Talk to people in area and they told us that none of locales go there because the food ie horrible beware this is beautiful area but hotel is a ripoff

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunrooms54
BBCoronado, Gerente at BlueBay Coronado Golf & Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Dear Guest, I am the director of operations of the property and the one who talked to you about this. Let me start by thank you for taking the time to share with this community your experience, we do recognize how important is for everyone to express opinions in this kind of platforms with the world and as I told you over the phone, and through our TEXT conversation "I do apology for all the inconvenience the hot water issue caused to you in your one night stay, even when that was not planned and it was not our intention", I put myself in your position and I understand this can be stressful.

Yes, is true you asked the front desk team about it that night, and about the answer, I can't blame our front desk for not giving you the information at the check in because when you arrive we didn't realized how big could be the hot water problem, and this is completely my responsibility, reason why I am asuming it and offered you a discount. I bet you understand we can´t warn anyone about an issue we didn't realized at that moment. Once we did it, we started our contingency plan, that same night you asked and then we couldn't fix it even we worked all night long, it is not your fault, is our and because is ours, we offered you a compensation you refuse to accept.

In our conversation over the phone you asked for a full refund and I explained you I can't refund your full rate of 2 passengers, considering you slept and ate with no complains during the stay, then you express you were not comfortable with the food, mentioning you even read about our "terrible food service", I felt confuse because before this you were not complaining about anything else but I respect your opinion. Sr. statistics don´t lie, off course I completely disagree with you but as a professional and even user of some services I respect your opinion 100% and as a manager I took the proper notes to avoid and prevent any issue like this one in the future.

When you called me I was out of the property in a meeting, once I finished I contacted you and without questioning I offered you a discount of a third part of your stay and you denied to accept it, a day later the agency from where you booked call me saying you wanted, and then you pulished a negative feedback about us refering to things you never mentioned before.

For the record, is important to clarify the reason why locals don’t come here, that's is not because of the food, is because this is a non-open hotel / restaurant / club for non-members, or non-guests. We're very sorry this inconvenient happened during your stay, we really are, but it doesn't deserve a 100% refund when you used our facilities.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write this, I promise I'll make sure your opinion get to all my team members and also will make sure our next visitors will never experience what you did according to our brand standards.

Regards,
Director of Operations

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

I visited this hotel during the weekend an we were assigned th room 1227, with 1 king size bed and a Queen Sofa Bed, we were 4 people (My dad, brother, my dad's wife and me). The sofa was dirty, with some spots I guess due to people sitting in it with their wet clothes. We were 4 and we had a mini dinner table with just 3 chairs. The bathroom, the toilette look very old and used, no water pressure, you had to stay there pressing the handle in order to flush, just 1 toilet paper that wasn't new, had like the half of the leaves. They knew we were 4 and didn't gave us like a blanket for the cold for the ones sleeping on the sofa bed, just regular blankets.

The margaritas are bad...now that the Hotel is "all inclusive" looks like a Decameron, the quality in the hotel so as the type of visitors or guests, very poor...is not like when was Coronado Golf and Resort, a exclusive hotel, or more exclusive than now.

No maintenance at all. On the pool located at the beach, you can find a lot of mangos and mamones, inside the pool. You have to be careful because at any time you can be hit by a mango, or if you are in the Blue Bay hotels pools, by a Pipa. My dad was hit by a mango while we were sitting by the pool in the beach area...and I saw 2 times some pipas falling into the pool while we were there.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank VaneMV
BBCoronado, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at BlueBay Coronado Golf & Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Dear guest, we take great care of the comments of our guests at the blue bay hotel.
We are concerned that they have not had a good time with us, the General Management has been informed to make the necessary changes.
We are improve our services thanks to your comments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Coronado
23.8 km away
Nitro City Panama Action Sports Resort
27.3 km away
Los Mandarinos Boutique Spa & Hotel Restaurant
Los Mandarinos Boutique Spa & Ho...
#1 of 5 in El Valle de Anton
32.6 km away
Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas

Been to BlueBay Coronado Golf & Beach Resort? Share your experiences!