All reviews beach resort panama city the black sand beach recommend this resort relaxing week beautiful grounds english challenge weekends valuables drawback carnival canada communication
Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Destination wedding in Coronado and many of us stayed at the Blue Bay. I'd say the hotel would qualify for three stars but it was very clean and the grounds are very nicely manicured.

Booked a Junior Suite which was pretty large with a 4 seats round table and a sitting area with sofa bed and coffee table. The bedroom area had a king size bed with a half partition to separate it from the living area and a large screen tv. Had separate bathroom with a large shower (good water pressure) and a small countertop, no tub. Enough towels were available.

My room did not have a balcony but faced a shallow, river-like lap pool which made it nice and bright during the day. Many pool chairs were available, the area is very nicely and cleanly kept. Good a/c! Has triple layer drapes in case you need a real dark room to be able to sleep. The one thing it is missing is good lighting. I'd stop at a nearby store and buy a cheap floor lamp and donate it to the hotel at the end of the trip should you need a bright room at night. Wifi in your room is available for 8.00/day and free in common areas.

Beware of the safe deposit box. I don't know what possessed me to test it but as I sensed it I was unable to open it again. Hotel engineer allegedly fixed it but still did not work. Glad I had an alternative.

There is a golf cart on demand to take you to the beach club which is a good 7 minutes from the hotel. Decent with beach towels and chairs. Sand in this area is pitch black and beautiful. I'd avoid seating in the sand if wearing a white bathing suit.

I have stayed at many Four Seasons and Leading Hotels. This is not one of them but if you can rough it up in a nice clean environment for a couple of nights then heck, why not.

Did not use their dining facilities as for wedding plans included all meals.

The hotel management and attendants are very warm and cordial; were responsive to my needs when requested. Kudos to Margarita and Elya.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank LittleRockStar
BBCoronado, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at BlueBay Coronado Golf & Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2017

Dear guest, for our management is gratifying that our customers spend few minutes to rate the experience that we provide in our BlueBay Coronado Golf & Beach Resort. As it can’t be different, we will coach each of our employees not only know, but to understand the importance of your comments. Thanks for your rating and feel free to visit us again.

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

We had a great stay. The stuff was very helpful.
The view was amazing! If you get the right room, nothing else will matter except for that view. The beach is absolutely beautiful, the color of the water, the sand, the pool are all great. The breakfast had lots of options. I was worried about the rooms being noisy after reading the reviews here, but again: if you get the right room, you will only hear the ocean.

Date of stay: February 2016
2  Thank Raam A
BBCoronado, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at BlueBay Coronado Golf & Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

Reviewed 15 December 2016

Nice Hotel, with nice room, I was update to a swim-up room, thats very confortable. The pools around the Hotel are clean everyday.
The Beach Club is marvelous, with all the amenities.
About the restaurant, "A la Carte" or the Buffet type every thing is very good and tasty.
I was looking for a calm place in Panama, and everything was at my contentment. A very good thanks to all the staff, and a special thanks ti Vivente.
I'll comme back some time, to play golf, for sure.
Goodbye for now. Normand

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank NormandB16
BBCoronado, Director de Relaciones Públicas at BlueBay Coronado Golf & Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2016

Reviewed 11 December 2016

Last night we took friends to the BlueBay for dinner and I was terribly disappointed, and that is putting it midly, in their 10oz Angus Beef Rib Eye. I asked for it blue or very rare and it was more on the well done side not to mention tough. I was unable to have more than a few bites. When I mentioned it to the the wait staff she pretty well shrugged her shoulders. I have been living in Coronado and a member of the the Golf and have to say this is the worse meal I have had in over 4 years. Next time, if there is one, I will stick to the salads, soups or sandwiches for lunch but I will never invite friends for dinner. If it was up to me I would not be a member.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank lemieuxmf
BBCoronado, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at BlueBay Coronado Golf & Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2016

Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

I loved it. People there were just so kind and polite with me and my family. We were able to enjoy the trios to the beach and nice pool. I coukd enjoy my coctails while i relaxed. I liked it so much that i will come back again and i recomend it for everyone to enjoy a nice vacations.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
BBCoronado, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at BlueBay Coronado Golf & Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2016