“Instalations are not bad. ALL the rest defines the antithesis of a Resort.”

BlueBay Coronado Golf & Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Playa Coronado
Reviewed 23 January 2017

I have a GREAT simpathy for Panama. It's my homeland. Like family, I will defend it all over. This being said, this was a very sad experience for us. My wife and I arrived to stay at the BlueBay Coronado Golf & Beach Resort yesterday night after being in a traffic jam for 2 hours trying to go back from the interior to our home, in Panama City. Our friends, two hours ahead from us in the road, were still struggling in the same traffic at a place we would normally reach in 20 minutes.

After knowing about this situation, prices had risen up at the hotel from $200 to $250USdlls per night, for a standard room.

Infront of the person incharged, right standing up in the counter, I found a Junior Suite through TripAdvisor for $175.50, payed through Paypal and showed it to the assistant manager. He said OK.

It was 10pm. There was nobody else to help with anything but him. We took our luggage by ourself and found the room. It was not clean. There was little dirt everywhere. A deep moldy smell flooded the place. There was no soap but a single small soapbar next to the handwash. There was nothing in the minibar but for a single bottle of water. The single phone for the suite was connected, but did not work.

We left the room to the Sport bar, to see if we could get some water there. There were 8 bottles behind the bartender, one Tequila, a couple of Rums, one whisky, and something else, almost all of them empty already. There were about 12 people drinking and talking loudly. One almost empty bottle of redwine completed the scenario and the attitude of the bartender was that he was just expecting for all those drunks to finnish the bottles standing behind him to call it a night and close the bar. There was no water and no food.

We went back to our room, slept some hours and left heading Panama City this morning with a feeling of sadness for the horrible impression a tourist will have if he or she will go through what happened to us, and thinking the best scenario would be for that place if a good hotel company buy this nice facility and making a good hotel and resort from it. It's sad, but it's true.

Room Tip: Shamely to say for us, it is NOT a place we will recommend to anybody for staying. There are VERY M...
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank RespiraPanama
BBCoronado, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at BlueBay Coronado Golf & Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2017

Dear guest, for our management is gratifying that our customers spend few minutes to rate the experience that we provide in our BlueBay Coronado Golf & Beach Resort. As it can’t be different, we will coach each of our employees not only know, but to understand the importance of your comments. Thanks for your rating and feel free to visit us again.

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Destination wedding in Coronado and many of us stayed at the Blue Bay. I'd say the hotel would qualify for three stars but it was very clean and the grounds are very nicely manicured.

Booked a Junior Suite which was pretty large with a 4 seats round table and a sitting area with sofa bed and coffee table. The bedroom area had a king size bed with a half partition to separate it from the living area and a large screen tv. Had separate bathroom with a large shower (good water pressure) and a small countertop, no tub. Enough towels were available.

My room did not have a balcony but faced a shallow, river-like lap pool which made it nice and bright during the day. Many pool chairs were available, the area is very nicely and cleanly kept. Good a/c! Has triple layer drapes in case you need a real dark room to be able to sleep. The one thing it is missing is good lighting. I'd stop at a nearby store and buy a cheap floor lamp and donate it to the hotel at the end of the trip should you need a bright room at night. Wifi in your room is available for 8.00/day and free in common areas.

Beware of the safe deposit box. I don't know what possessed me to test it but as I sensed it I was unable to open it again. Hotel engineer allegedly fixed it but still did not work. Glad I had an alternative.

There is a golf cart on demand to take you to the beach club which is a good 7 minutes from the hotel. Decent with beach towels and chairs. Sand in this area is pitch black and beautiful. I'd avoid seating in the sand if wearing a white bathing suit.

I have stayed at many Four Seasons and Leading Hotels. This is not one of them but if you can rough it up in a nice clean environment for a couple of nights then heck, why not.

Did not use their dining facilities as for wedding plans included all meals.

The hotel management and attendants are very warm and cordial; were responsive to my needs when requested. Kudos to Margarita and Elya.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank LittleRockStar
BBCoronado, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at BlueBay Coronado Golf & Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2017

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

We had a great stay. The stuff was very helpful.
The view was amazing! If you get the right room, nothing else will matter except for that view. The beach is absolutely beautiful, the color of the water, the sand, the pool are all great. The breakfast had lots of options. I was worried about the rooms being noisy after reading the reviews here, but again: if you get the right room, you will only hear the ocean.

Stayed: February 2016
2  Thank Raam A
BBCoronado, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at BlueBay Coronado Golf & Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

Reviewed 15 December 2016

Nice Hotel, with nice room, I was update to a swim-up room, thats very confortable. The pools around the Hotel are clean everyday.
The Beach Club is marvelous, with all the amenities.
About the restaurant, "A la Carte" or the Buffet type every thing is very good and tasty.
I was looking for a calm place in Panama, and everything was at my contentment. A very good thanks to all the staff, and a special thanks ti Vivente.
I'll comme back some time, to play golf, for sure.
Goodbye for now. Normand

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Normand B
BBCoronado, Director de Relaciones Públicas at BlueBay Coronado Golf & Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2016

Reviewed 11 December 2016

Last night we took friends to the BlueBay for dinner and I was terribly disappointed, and that is putting it midly, in their 10oz Angus Beef Rib Eye. I asked for it blue or very rare and it was more on the well done side not to mention tough. I was unable to have more than a few bites. When I mentioned it to the the wait staff she pretty well shrugged her shoulders. I have been living in Coronado and a member of the the Golf and have to say this is the worse meal I have had in over 4 years. Next time, if there is one, I will stick to the salads, soups or sandwiches for lunch but I will never invite friends for dinner. If it was up to me I would not be a member.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lemieuxmf
BBCoronado, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at BlueBay Coronado Golf & Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2016

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Coronado
23.8 km away
Nitro City Panama Action Sports Resort
27.3 km away
Los Mandarinos Boutique Spa & Hotel Restaurant
Los Mandarinos Boutique Spa & Ho...
#1 of 5 in El Valle de Anton
32.6 km away
Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas

Been to BlueBay Coronado Golf & Beach Resort? Share your experiences!