“Great place to stay! Room 38 perfect for families.”

The Lennox Lea Hotel
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Sale
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We just got back from an 11 day stay in room 38 and have to say it was one of the best places we have stayed.
Room 38 is actually 2 rooms with a small hallway in between which suited my husband and I and our two boys (11 and 8) perfectly. In previous years we have stayed elsewhere in a regular hotel room which was a bit cramped. Here we all had our own space and didn't feel like we were on top of each other.
Shops, buses and the metro were all within walking distance and I was impressed with the variety of restaurants nearby - Indian, Chinese, Thai, Greek, Fish and Chips, Italian, Spanish.
The owners and staff were very friendly and accommodating and despite being a Man Utd fan, Mike was very nice and helpful:)
We will definately be back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Good Morning Langford Family,
Wowza you must have only just got back when you wrote this fantastic review. Hope you made your connecting flight on time and that you're not too jet lagged! It was a pleasure having you and your lovely family to stay with us. Really glad you liked the family room. Don't forget the kitchen option next time, which is right next to room 38.
Look forward to seeing you in a couple of years.
All the best Mike & Joanna.
PS come on United!

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Just returned from a fabulous weekend away staying at the Lennox Lea in Sale. This was actually our 2nd visit to the Lennox Lea as we have family living in the area which we visit regularly and we definately would not ever consider staying anywhere else
From the minute you enter this fantastically well organised and well kept hotel you feel on top of the world.
Fabulous cosy rooms with Flat screen TV stacks of tea/coffee hot chocolate , stock of toiletries and lovely thick fluffy towels, and immaculately clean. Unbelievable breakfast, so much choice from Kellogs cereals, fresh fruit juices, fresh fruit, yogurts, cakes full cooked breakfasts which neither my husband or I could finish. We tried believe me as what stands out at this hotel is the quality of the food cooked to perfection which is why we tried so hard to finish the breakfast. Service with a smile would be an understatement.The young lady who served our breakfast was amazing so much so we left a tip just to confirm our appreciation.
There is a lovely romantic cosy bar open each night and you can even pick up a takeaway and bring back weekends and they will plate it up for you as their brasserie Alexander's is not open weekends. I imagine this is because they probably work so hard during the week this is the only time the grab for a rest.
They provide so much information with valuable details to help you to access Manchester and surrounding areas . The tram station a stones throw away from the hotel is a plus and you can be in the city in 15- 20mins,
There is ample parking at the hotel and Sale is a great base to stay and has a good selection of its own quality restaurants and good traditional pubs so its worth a visit to the Lennox Lea as its you definately get more than value for money.
We have travelled all over and this is the best hotel we have found that ticks all the boxes and more for an affordable price.
We booked direct on their own website for £100 total for Friday/ Saturday night for two with full breakfast, Best £100 you will ever spend .You need to try it to believe it !!!!!!!

Room Tip: All will be of good standard .you can hire an apartment type room with own kitchen facilities for an...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Hi Cath,
Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! I love your review.
Going to book a room there on the strength of it!
Thank you so much.
See you on your next visit.
PS don't forget to book direct for best rates
Mike & Joanna

Reviewed 27 February 2012

My family and i were in Manchester on the Saturday and at Carrington on Sunday and the hotels location is really convenient for both. I forgot to book us in for breakfast at the time of booking and sent Joanna an e mail which she replied to promptly and helped us out. We had the top floor of the hotel which was really comfortable. Went into Sale on Saturday night which is just around the corner from the hotel. Really nice people and really nice place. We are back at Carrington in April and will have no hesitation in staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Hi SeesideStevie,
Thanks for that. You have made my day. We try and be friendly and look after all our guests and I think it works most of the time!
All the best and thank you once again for your lovely review.
Mike & Joanna

Reviewed 24 February 2012

I had a last minute trip to Manchester for a work engagement near Old Trafford, and found that this hotel was near perfect for my requirements! The staff booking my room were helpful and friendly despite not booking until late on a Friday night for a stay on Saturday. I chose a super budget room which was comfortable and well equipped for my needs with a good TV, comfortable bed, and plenty of tea and coffee facilities. Both of the owners were helpful and welcoming, as were the restaurant ladies at breakfast. The hotel is billed as 10 minutes to Manchester city centre and the surrounding areas and it was nice to see this was true! A taxi was ordered for me which came within a minute, and my journey into Manchester only cost £10. If you are looking for a clean, smart, and friendly place to stay for the football, cricket, or to see the attractions I'd recommend the Lennox Lea at any time. I look forward to my next trip North! Thanks to all again for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Rooms right at the front of the hotel can be disturbed slightly with people returning late night/ear...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Good Morning Rossenberg,
We are so grateful for your lovely review.
We also look forward to your next trip up north.
All the best till then.
Regards Mike & Joanna

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Myself and son went to visit my elder son at university in Manchester. The hotel was just what we wanted. Warm, comfy beds and the friendliest staff we have come across. The continental breakfast was excellent. The management also let my uni son stay over night when he could, which made a huge difference to our trip. The hotel is close to the tram and within easy reach of Manchester city centre or the different museums and galleries there. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Morning Abi,
Many thanks for your kind review. Once again, we love looking after nice people.
Your sons are a credit to you. Hope to see you on your next visit.
Book direct with us for the best deal.
Regards Mike & Joanna

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sale
Belmore Hotel
#7 of 8 in Sale
Didsbury House
#3 of 120 in Manchester
Didsbury
Eleven Didsbury Park
Eleven Didsbury Park
#11 of 120 in Manchester

Been to The Lennox Lea Hotel? Share your experiences!